“The Best Sugar Scrubs-So Many Delicious Scents to Choose From!”
Review of Sugar Works Bath and Body - CLOSED

Sugar Works Bath and Body
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: It all began back in 2005.I spent my life on the sun-drenched beaches of the south. I absolutely love the ocean, sunning and the entire life that came with living in a hot climate. It was the constant exposure to sun and surf that sparked my concern for skincare. Prior to my skincare obsession, I was educated in forensic science and chemistry and worked with the Medical Examiner's office. It was something I was always fascinated with, but found the day-to-day of it all to be very emotionally taxing and I wanted to do something "happier".After much research, I focused on exfoliation and the importance of it. There was really nothing better that you could do for your skin than exfoliate and hydrate! After years of being confused at department store counters and hundreds of brands promoting anti-aging and skincare, I decided to figure out what really worked and started my own research to find the solution to gorgeous skin and skincare. We've been an online business since 2006, and our first shop was in historic Savannah. We will always keep our online presence and look forward to hearing from you!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Sugar Scrubs-So Many Delicious Scents to Choose From!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

A friend of mine who lives in Savannah recommended Sugar Works to me. While visiting Savannah, I made it a point to stop in the shop. I was so impressed by the quick and friendly service. My Wedding Cake Sugar Scrub and Butter Soft were "whipped up" on the spot just for me! I also purchased the Footsie Treat Salt Scrub-smells amazing! Be sure to visit the bathroom to sample one of their delicious-smelling scrubs when you wash your hands-yum! It makes me feel good to support a locally-owned small business whose products are made with organic ingredients and paraben free!

1 Thank SCteach4

Charleston, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love love love their products!!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Stopped in the store on a short visit to Savannah... Read all of the excellent reviews from tripadvisor, and was not disappointed. Excellent customer service the young man that waited on me was extremely helpful took advantage of the special that was going on. Got 3 scrubs and 3 body glosses. I had just been a week at the beach and skin was dry... Sugar works product took care of that... Just took one of the scrubs to my work today and all the women and a couple guys too were like where can we get this??? Nice store,nice people, awesome product... Highly recommend anyone visiting the area to visit this shop...

1 Thank hottrollers
Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Heavenly!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I discovered this shop on a recent trip to savannah; the sign attracted my attention, so my husband and I wandered in. We were immediately greeted by a friendly young man. He told us a little bit about the store, and recommended that I try one of their scrub samples on my hand. I chose one that smelled fabulous, and was instantly impressed. The sample scent that I tried was not available on the shelf, so they offered to make it for me while I waited (I was so excited). I ended up purchasing 4 scrubs and 2 of their body glosses (which I also had the opportunity to sample while in the store). I enjoyed perusing the store, and smelling all the imaginative and yummy scent combinations they had available. Wonderful experience!! The products are fantastic :) I have placed several online orders since my vacation visit, and have LOVED everything I have chosen! The owner is so friendly and helpful, customer service is second to none! A must visit if you are in the Savannah area

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Marli N
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Love this stuff!”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This place has the best sugar scrub I have ever used! It doesn't leave your skin oily, but leaves a lovely fragrance for hours! Staff was incredibly friendly and very helpful. They also offer the opportunity for you to pick your favorite smells to create a scrub/mist/oil just for you!

2 Thank kkeen
Bellingham, Washington
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Best scrub ever!!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I usually shy away from body scrubs because most leave my skin feeling oily and I do not care for that. The store had put a sample in the bathroom of the Savannah Tea Room which is a very nice tea room just a few doors away. My sister went into the restroom and when she came out she said you have to go in and try the sugar scrub in there. I did and we both said we have to get some of this. So after our lovely tea, we marched ourselves down to Sugar Works and bought four containers of their sugar scrub. It does not leave any residue and our skin was soft and squeaky clean. Their fragrances are many and wonderful and they can customize any scents you prefer. HIghly recommended!

Visited June 2013