“I miss this place!”
Review of Sugar Works Bath and Body - CLOSED

Sugar Works Bath and Body
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: It all began back in 2005.I spent my life on the sun-drenched beaches of the south. I absolutely love the ocean, sunning and the entire life that came with living in a hot climate. It was the constant exposure to sun and surf that sparked my concern for skincare. Prior to my skincare obsession, I was educated in forensic science and chemistry and worked with the Medical Examiner's office. It was something I was always fascinated with, but found the day-to-day of it all to be very emotionally taxing and I wanted to do something "happier".After much research, I focused on exfoliation and the importance of it. There was really nothing better that you could do for your skin than exfoliate and hydrate! After years of being confused at department store counters and hundreds of brands promoting anti-aging and skincare, I decided to figure out what really worked and started my own research to find the solution to gorgeous skin and skincare. We've been an online business since 2006, and our first shop was in historic Savannah. We will always keep our online presence and look forward to hearing from you!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I miss this place!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I live in savannah, so I am downtown often. I was sad to see this place was closed down. They had wonderful products and the store was so pretty!

8 Thank lalalagirl4

Central Florida, Florida
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“LOVE this place”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The products here are wonderful. My husband took me to Savannah for our anniversary. We saw this shop and went in it was AMAZING!!! Loved it, that was 1yr 1/2 ago, the sugar oil I got everywhere I go people always ask me what I have on. When I got back to Atlanta I ordered more online. They were very helpful and very fast!
I live in Chicago now and I can just go online and it is GREAT!!! Thanks for all your great products.

Visited July 2013
Michigan
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Warning!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

While I was looking forward to visiting this on our trip, the store is gone! No sign on the door or anything. Just closed up. I tried calling their number to see if they had moved, but it is no longer in service.

6 Thank Cheriinmi
SavannahSugarWorks, Owner at Sugar Works Bath and Body, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Hi,
We are very sorry we weren't there.
We have been online over 9 years, and lost
our shop, sadly.
We wouldn't have been able to leave anything
on the doors or windows, as we do not own the
building.

We loved Savannah, but it was seasonal, and the shop had
issues beyond our control.
(Old Savannah buildings-ours had a broken a/c, etc)

We poured our heart and soul into the shop, but
went back to an online business.

If you look at the reviews while we were there,
we had a 5 star rating.

We can't control what happens to that shop space
with us gone.

Sorry you felt we were terrible and deserved a
bad rating, but we understand and are very sorry
we were not there.

We saw over 15 shops close in less than a year.
I would suggest calling prior to going, and if you can't
reach the shop-it may be closed.

Broughton Street has seen a lot of store closures
with the economy and the new plans Ben Carter
has for that street.

(Big business going in-and a lot of shops like ours
can't make it)

Thank you-and our apologies again.

We remain online, and appreciate all our loyal customers.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

This was the absolute, undisputed highlight of my trip to Savannah (baring in mind that I loved every bit of my trip)! Alexa is attentive, knowledgeable, and a true pleasure. I was there earlier this week and have already placed an online order for Christmas gifts. I highly recommend any of the body glosses and sugar scrubs; my other half enjoys his tea tree oil soap bar. Coconut peach is my favorite scent so far, but there are tons to choose from!

Greenville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Wonder”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Heard about this store on a trip to Savannah a couple of months ago. Unfortunately I did not have a chance to go by. When knew I was going back, I instantly but this on my to do list! I was not disappointed. Excellent service and the products are wonderful. I bought three bottles of perfume and a scrub! I wore the perfume to dinner tonight and got instant compliments. I love this place. I will defintely be ordering on line! What a wonderful gem!

Visited September 2013