“Amazing gelato!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I had the cinnamon gelato and loved it! The rest of our group had honey graham, mayan chocolate, vanilla with dark chocolate chips, a chocolate chewy cookie, and a buttermilk gelato. Clearly homemade, this was a great frozen desert experience. Highly recommend!

There are newer reviews for Cafe GelatOhhh!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We needed a place for a quick bite to eat before our carriage tour. All the other places in the plaza were restaurant style, and this was the only one that looked like the food would be served quickly. We had 3 adults and 3 kids during the lunch hour time frame. We were going to get the pb&j sandwiches for the kids and the adults were wanting to try some of the other type of sandwiches. Before I started ordering, I asked how long it would take to make the sandwiches, and they told me 10 minutes….which would have been perfect since our tour started in 20 minutes. Then when I started ordering, the waitress became rude and said sorry I was looking at least a 20 minute wait for the food. It caught me off guard with her attitude and the length of time it would take to make 6 sandwiches (3 of which were pb&j's). So I decided to just get the pb&j's for the kids, as the adults could wait until after the tour to eat. Let's just say this, the kids were not fans of the sandwiches, so us adults had to eat them (which I thought were just ok, but they were on the pricey side for being pb&j sandwiches). We also asked if we pre-ordered our sandwiches to be ready by a certain time, so we can have what we wanted, and they were giving us a really hard time about this. We didn't see what was so difficult pre-ordering, we figured it would be easy so then we wouldn't have to wait again. But in the end we decided to just skip it since we had the kids' sandwiches. I was going to try the gelato after the carriage ride, but decided against it since the customer service was bad. I would skip this place and go elsewhere!

2  Thank butterfly2124
jcmacbeth, Owner at Cafe GelatOhhh!, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

I'm sorry you were not happy with your service. Sandwiches are made from scratch and take ten minutes. If someone orders before you while you decided (which is what happened) then they take longer. $3.50 for a PB&J made with organic bread ($1.00 my cost), organic fig jelly ($0.40 my cost) and organic crunchy peanut butter ($0.35 my cost) plus labor, rent and electricity is a near giveaway. Perhaps you should eat at McDonalds, where you can get crap fast. We make good food, which takes a moment or two. Sorry your PB&Js were not American enough for you.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've definitely had better gelato, but my sister-in-law had a hankering for something sweet. I think there were other ice cream and gelato places in town I would have rather visited.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I enjoyed the coffee drink, but the gelato wasn't very good. I ordered a child size and didn't even finish it. Would go again for the coffee but would leave the gelato alone.

1  Thank medtrans10
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We enjoyed our gelato while wondering around City Market. The gelato was good but not great. The gelato did not seem to have that richness that usually comes with a great gelato.

1  Thank fgrayson