“Great place!”

Boar's Head Grill & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Boar's Head Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 939 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$8 - US$39
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: River Street
Description: Boar's Head Grill & Tavern, Savannah's first restaurant on Historic River Street, has been a favorite for locals and tourists the past 50 years. Locally owned and operated by Chef Philip & Charlene Branan, Boar's Head offers casual, waterfront dining in a unique restored cotton warehouse built in the 1800's. Specializing in the finest USDA aged steaks, chops, live Maine lobster, local seafood and sinfully delicious desserts, Chef Branan caters to every diners needs. Relax and unwind with your favorite cocktails before and after dinner in our Tavern with a spectacular view of the Savannah River while watching the Ships pass by! Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip) $30 and under
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We've eaten here twice. Once for dinner and once for lunch. Their food is awesome! And a beautiful view too! My daughter an I split the Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken & Prosciutto. It is so tasty! It was more than enough for two and the dinner portion could feed a family of four! My husband had the Shrimp and grits. One of the best he's had. The service was great! This is now our go to restaurant when visiting Savannah!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,623)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I ate here Oct 22, 2013 for dinner. We were pleasantly greeted and seated as soon as we walked in. Our waitress was friendly, prompt and great with menu item descriptions. We both ordered the filet, medium and medium-rare, with garlic herb mashed potatoes. We had bacon-wrapped bbq shrimp as an appetizer, which was different and tasty! Our steaks were thick, well-cut portions of filet. They were cooked perfectly and seasoned lightly but amazingly... one of the best steaks I've ever eaten (husband concurs). Mashed potatoes were so creamy and flavorful! They also add steamed snow peas, which were good. Did I mention that the meal was fabulous?? After 2 or 3 mediocre meals since we've been in Savannah, I really can't recommend Boar's Head enough. (and still $10 cheaper than Fiddler's Crab House).

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My husband and I had just arrived in Savannah and our hotel (The Marshall House) recommended this restaurant. It was mid day and we had a late lunch/early dinner, The She Crab soup was really wonderful. We then had the shrimp and grits, absolutely fantastic. The service was attentive, the owner came over to talk to us and was very welcoming. All in all great experience. We had a table by a window looking out to the river, couldn't be better!
Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Seating by a window overlooking the river provided a fantastic nighttime view of shimmering water. Unfortunately, that's all which was outstanding. We decided to order cups of soup, then share several appetizers. My She Crab soup was entirely too sweet (yes, I know crabs are a sweet meat, but this was over the top), then my husband complained of the same same overly saccharine flavor of his Black-eyed We ordered a ceasar salad (ok, but a bit too heavy-handed on the dressing), crab cakes (the best of the bunch, though not crispy), and fried green tomatoes (slathered with a sweet cream cheese). Overall, we'd suggest leaving this restaurant to boisterous young tourists who have a little food with their drinks.

1  Thank jsinmn
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Visited twice - once for dinner, once for drinks. Great pub atmosphere on the riverfront with lots of dark wood, uneven floors, antique furniture and ship figureheads. Excellent service. She-crab soup was phenomenal. Good spot for people watching on River Street.

1  Thank SecondMrsT