“hungry-- then this is the place!”

Sweet Potatoes Kitchen
Ranked #20 of 876 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
North Carolina
“hungry-- then this is the place!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I enjoyed the friendliness and great service. The food was excellent. We never ran out of tea. I enjoyed the pot roast, garlic mashed potatoes, and lemon collard greens. In fact, i wanted more greens. I highly recommend this restaurant.. Love the decor---bright and caribbean looking. Barb M.

• Visited June 2014

Tennessee
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you are near this area then it is worth it to check it out and grab some grub. I had the peach glazed bbq chicken and it was worth it. I'd order it again and again. Plus the corn pudding was just great. If you are not in the area, don't go looking for it, there are a lot of places to chow in this city. But again, if you are near, go chow down here.

• Visited March 2014
Portland, Maine
“Excellent Southern cooking in relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Once a year I pass through Savannah and I always have lunch at Sweet Potatoes. The food is good with lots of choice. Once I even planned my whole trip around the fact that fried chicken is served only on Tuesday (and I didn't want to miss that!). Having Southern roots, I can vouch for their collard greens being the best anywhere. Hot biscuits, ice tea, delicious fish and revered vegetables bring me back every year. The service is always friendly and pretty quick, considering how busy lunchtime is there. It's a great place to meet with friends and family of all ages.

• Visited April 2014
Savannah, GA
“Great family restaurant.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Everything was great about this place! The menu has something for everyone, from liver and onions to fried catfish. The food was perfectly prepared. The mashed sweet potatoes were incredible. The banana pudding and pecan pie were also as good as mom made, or maybe better! The service was good too. I have no complaints at all about this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
Kathleen, GA
“Good home cooking”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I both had the pot roast. DELICIOUS! Don't be fooled by the appearance of a small portion on a large plate, you'll have plenty to eat. I had cheese grits for my side and my wife had beets. Both were terrific. The banana pudding...you must try the banana pudding!

Visited May 2014