“It's a nasty looking place”
Review of Kanpai 1

Kanpai 1
Ranked #550 of 884 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We used to like Kanpai, but it seems to get dirtier every time we go. The food has always been good, not spectacular-but you really start to doubt what's in your meal after you look around the dinning area. I think we have had our last visit to Kanpai...

There are newer reviews for Kanpai 1

Reviewed 13 May 2012

AHHH-mazing! Get "The Geisha" it's a sampling of sushi, tempera-shrimp and veggies, chicken terriyaki, rice and veggies. There is not much atmosphere, but it makes up for it with the food which is amazing, we go there like twice a week, so good!

3  Thank sweetpotato018
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Their food is really good and fresh! We eat here often but mostly carry out . The inside isn't much to write about but they don't advertise to be fine dining. It's just cheap, good, and fresh food. It's some of the best sushi I ever ate!

1  Thank Wejejones
Reviewed 23 April 2012

When the Kanpai first opened YEARS AGO, I went and didnt like it. Boy am I glad I decided to go back. It is one of my favorite places to eat. The food is fresh and delicious. Of course they cook everything to order right there. I am not a fan of sushi but I know that my daughter has had sushi here and liked it. I love the Teriyaki Chicken or Teriyaki Shrimp. The portions of the food are huge and include a soup or salad which I never can eat and the prices are just right!

1  Thank marieregina
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This is the kind of place a lady doesn't feel uncomfortable in eating alone. Good service, good atmosphere, and GOOD SUSHI! Try the Montgomery Cross Roll!

1  Thank Karenswims