“Highly Recommended”

Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport
Ranked #23 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The hotel is located near the Savannah Airport in a safe area. The lobby is immaculate and the reception staff was courteous and welcoming which was appreciated after a long day's drive. Our room was clean and quiet overlooking a pond at the back. The breakfast buffet was excellent and service was prompt and friendly. Overall, very good value for this hotel. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ella1957
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Ella1957,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. We certainly try our best to ensure every guest is 100% satisfied. I am thrilled to hear that you found the lobby to be clean and the staff friendly. We wish you a safe and enjoyable holiday season and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2011

This is very nice and clean hotel. The staff is attentive accomodating. I
thought that I had left behind a blouse and they searched all over for it.
I finally found it at home and really appreciate their concern!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear allie551,

I am happy to hear that you found your blouse. We enjoyed having you stay with us and really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write a review of the hotel. If your travels take you to Savannah in the future, we hope that you will choose our hotel to meet your lodging needs.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

My wife recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, located near the Savannah Airport. She said the bed was very comfortable, and that the breakfast was enjoyable. She also said that the staff were friendly and accomodating. She said she will stay at this hotel the next time she has occasion to visit Savannah.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Dear Sheryd,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the beds and breakfast. We strive to provide the best experience possible and look forward to exceeding your expectations on future visits.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Spent the weekend at this hotel, we got a great group rate and it really was an excellent stay.
The staff were friendly and efficient, the rooms were clean and the hotel had a general feel of welcoming their guests.
It was quiet (a lttle aircraft noise but it is an airport hotel) there are nice views at the back and aroud the pool.
I am often in Savannha and I know I have found my hotel to stay at.
Very much recomended.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fastbrit
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Dear Fastbrit,

Thanks for the review. We really enjoyed having your group stay with us. We are looking forward to having you stay with us for future events.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Clean, well appointed rooms. Nice restaurant and very accomodating staff

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank gina45nc
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Dear gina45nc,

Thanks for the feedback regarding your stay. I will be sure to share this review with the food and beverage team. Thanks for your business.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

I was traveling to Savannah, Ga for the weekend to attend a football game. This hotel was exactly what I expected. I arrived a few hours prior to check-in and my rooms were clean and ready. I was able to check in early. The staff was excellent they stayed on top of things to make sure my stay was pleasent. The room was very clean and even had a pleasent smell. It is located less than 5 minutes from the airport and it takes no time to get down town. I really enjoyed my stay and it will definitely be my chice of stay when I return.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Detra D

Dear Detra D,

I would like to take a moment to say thanks for writing a fantastic review of the hotel. We enjoyed having you and your family stay with us while visiting Savannah. We appreciate your business and look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

If the GM, Tommy Beyer, had not comped me the room without my asking for it, I would have given this hotel a 1-Star rating. I am a Gold HHonors member and have stayed in dozens of Garden Inns across the country.They have been consistently excellent. Not this one. I arrived just after 8 p.m. and checked in. When I got to my room, there was no foam pillow. (I need it because of allergies, and have always had one at Hilton properties without even asking for it.) I called the front desk, and about 20 minutes later, a Guest Services employee arrived with two wafer-thin pillows, like you would use to sit on. I tried putting them together in one pillow case, but it was very uncomfortable. I called down and asked for a sleeping foam pillow. In the meantime, I figured I'd go down and get dinner. Well, there was one bartender to handle the entire restaurant. This poor woman was getting some exotic orders from three men at the bar, and at one point had to get a stool to get some liquor that hadn't been accessed in months, presumably. My chef's salad sat at the kitchen shelf for at least five minutes while she disappeared from the bar/restaurant. At the peak of business, there were a dozen people in the restaurant, and she simply couldn't keep up. I finished my salad and asked for my check. Waited 10 minutes. Finally went to the bar, where I waited another 10 minutes for her to make some martinis and serve booze and take food orders. I then went up to my room and tried to figure out why the heat hadn't come on. (It was in the 40s outside, with a stiff wind.) The same Guest Services employee came up and fiddled with it for 15 minutes. "I've set it for 85 degrees. Give it 15-20 minutes to register and if it doesn't come on, give us a call." Well, it never came on. The front-desk employee came up with my pillow. I told him the heat still wasn't working, and I noted that the AC was blasting out a massive amount of freezing-cold air in the halls. He said, "It's been 85 degrees in Savannah all week." I didn't say anything, but I was thinking, "Uh, OK. But it's 40ish now. Didn't anyone notice?" He called me later and said they'd move me to another room. That took more than an hour. By the time I finally got there, it was 10:45 p.m. I talked to Tommy the next morning, and he was very kind and proactive. Customer service in this instance was a key. He even sent me an email that day, offering me a free night in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Dear lionspsu,

I want to begin by saying that we appreciate your business and candid feedback regarding your stay. I can assure you that this was not typical for our hotel and we have addressed each issue mentioned in your review. I have taken the time to follow up with the appropriate managers and team members to ensure these breakdowns in service do not happen in the future. I hope that you will give our hotel another chance to prove we can do better.