Checked in at around 1:00 am after traveling straight from Atlanta Georgia. Check in was quick. Only one of the two keys worked. We slept in and kept our "do not disturb sign" on the knob. This is where we made out mistake. According to policy if you have the sign up and housekeeping comes by, they never return. We took down our sign at about 1:00 pm went to brunch, went to the beach and came back to our unclean room. We wanted to shower but were out of towels, soap and shampoo because we used them the night before showering after our trip. Housekeeping was released early because it was Fourth of July so no one could bring us our towels etc right away. I had to go to the front desk and retrieve everything myself. We also ran out of toilet paper and tissue and forget to pick those up before we ran out. We had our little girls with us and were to busy to think of everything we needed that housekeeping would have normally taken care of had they cleaned the room. Our plan was to shower quickly and watch the fire works in Savannah but because of the huge delay this "policy" caused, instead we missed the entire show. It was just a two night stay. We were compensated with breakfast on the morning of our departure. We also noticed no one throwing piles of growing pizza box garbage near the pool entrance hallway for at least 16 hours. Also there were no towels at the pool and when we called and asked for them, none ever arrived, in the middle of the day. Our adjustable beds also didn't meet our expectations but when we asked for a clean room after ours wasn't cleaned we were told that there were none anyways. We were told that the hotel wasn't booked but all rooms weren't cleaned - housekeeping went home early because of the holiday. Perhaps we just had bad luck or just noticed too much but either way the hotel did not meet our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport is conveniently located near the Savannah Hilton Head Airport. Offering room service, full restaurant, and over 1,000 sq. ft. of meeting space we are perfect for your next business or leisure trip to Savannah. Enjoy our complimentary amenities like airport shuttle, wi-fi, and parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport Hotel Savannah
- Hilton Savannah
- Savannah Hilton Garden Inn