“Dated and filthy”

SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #75 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I wish I would have paid better attention to previous reviews! The outside is nice but that's it. The sheets for the pullout bed didn't smell fresh (and the beds), the couch cushions had tears, not enough outlets for 4 people, only 1 TV (so person sleeping on pull out was out of luck or vice versa), and carpet was nasty. We waited 15 minutes for fresh eggs/sausage finally gave up and ate a bagel and waffle. Not enough parking as we came in from a day out and had to park in the back of the hotel (not actual parking spaces). Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly C
dixonproperties, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

We regret you were not pleased with the accomodations but have began renovations that will address your concerns about the conditon of the hotel. We hope to havetehm completed within a couple of months. We will look into the parking situation and apologize for not have available spots, but due to the holiday week and several groups we did incounter parking issues. I hope once we finish our renovations, you will give us the opportunity to show you that we can provide you with the facilities you expect at a Marriott property.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We hesitated to stay here after reading some of the reviews, but the price and location fit our needs. The hotel was clean, but it was obvious it has seen much traffic. It was easy to understand why as the place was packed with guests both nights we were there. The rooms were comfortable and the built in suite made it more comfortable for a family. The beds seemed new and were quite comfortable. We used the wireless quite a bit and had no problems. The breakfast was smaller then what is offered at a typical SpringHill Suites property and they ran out of hot items fast due to the number of guests. Although it could use some updating, we would have no problems staying here again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We encountered roaches at the elevator at check-in and they wait until schools dismiss for summer to paint the pool room. At least the morning desk clerk was nice enough to hand out water pistols. I really don't know what we were suppose to do with them though without a pool. Glad we left early for some quality family pool(less) time. At least you can escape across the street to Wal-Mart to let your kids run wild. They keep a deputy sheriff posted at the entry so relax in safety.

Room Tip: Run to any other hotel.
1  Thank Chuck B
dixonproperties, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

We are sorry you were not pleased with your stay. We had to make some unexpected repairs in the pool area and regret that you were unable to have the use of our facilities, due to this the faciltty was left open and with all the evening summer thunderstorms we have in Georgia, it may have allowed some bugs into the pool area where the elevator is locatesd. We have resolved these issues.
Connie Hodges
Operations Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014

As a Platinum member, I've stayed at dozens of Marriott properties over the years, and this was possibly the worst. They have some serious problems at this hotel.

I stayed in a 2 double studio room, with a pull-out sofa bed. The problems started when I attempted to open the sofa bed - I was the first to ever do so. The transport straps were still affixed and the plastic was on the mattress. It had never been opened before. I called down to front desk to ask for bedding, because none was in the room. I had checked in the closet, and there was none, and the closet door fell on me when I opened it - it wasn't on the tracks. I then tried to close the curtains - no luck. They wouldn't close.

The night shift at this hotel is worse then useless. After a long wait, the front desk night shift attendant arrived with my bedding. I told her the sofa bed had never been opened. She looked at the mattress in plastic and shrugged. She told me there should be a comforter in the closet. I told her there was none there, but I would like one (she never returned with one). I told her about the curtains. We both agreed that we didn't feel like dealing with the problem that night.

After a rough night's sleep, I attempted to take a shower. As I pulled up the drain stopper, I realized that the faucet was not attached to the wall, exposing bare plumbing. I then grabbed a wash cloth. Looking at it, I realized it was stained brown, with what I can only guess was someone else's fecal matter.

I could discuss breakfast, but it isn't even worth the effort.

I told the front desk attendant about the issues with my room when I checked out. She noted the issues, but I received not so much as an apology.

This hotel is a complete disgrace.

2  Thank travelin'soldier
dixonproperties, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I apologize for our staffs lack of customer service (not following through with your complaints). We strive to go over and beyond our guests expectations and truely regret when we may fall short of this. I thank you for taking the time to inform management of the issues you had during your stay and they have all been addresses and corrected. I have used your comments as a opportunity to refresh (retrain) our staff on providing customer care.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place looked nice as we drove up. It is in a nice clean area of town. But it kind of went down hill from there. The room does not have enough outlets in the room for 2 people. I am glad that I did not have my entire family. The Internet only worked for 15 minutes of the entire stay. The bed was not comfortable. The air conditioner was noisy and it not seem to work well. The repairs done to the room were sloppy and unprofessional. The breakfast was unimpressive. I will not be back.

2  Thank M G
dixonproperties, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

I am sorry that you did not like our breakfast nor teh design of our rooms. we are remodeling and are adding more outlets in the new design.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff left us wanting. When we checked in, the clerk couldn't explain why there was a $300 hold on my credit card even though our rooms were prepaid. It wasn't just that she couldn't explain it, she had no clue and wasn't interested in trying to find out. The next day, my key didn't work in my room door and when I went to the front desk to get the problem fixed, the clerk was rude and short with me.

As for the room, it was okay. The bed was too soft for my liking, but I put that down to personal preference. The tub's spigot was loose, but worked.

All in all, the hotel would be okay if they replaced the staff with folks that enjoy working with the public.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the back of the hotel, away from the road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scottinkga
dixonproperties, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for posting your review and sharing your feedback. We deeply regret the experience you had wtih staff service. We used your review as an opportunity for some additional training for our staff in customer service. We have taken action to improve our service at our hotel and thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was the worst Springhill Suites I have ever stayed in!!! I was there for two nights and was nothing but issues. First I go to check in at front desk and clerk tells me that I didn't pay for room and disputes me like I'm lying. After I explained to her I booked directly through Marriott and was paid weeks ago. Then she gave some mediocre apology! Then later I found out my refrigerator wasn't working! The maintenance person tried to be very accommodating even though he didn't have any replacement refrigerators. He later explained that they would have to wait until someone checks out the next day to swamp refrigerators (which was very disturbing)! Staff was somewhat rude and to add icing on the cake it wasn't enough parking at hotel when it was supposedly sold out!! I visited the Springhill Suites in downtown Savannah and it was the type service I am used to in dealing with Marriott (which is great customer service)!This hotel needs an overhaul starting with the staff! I would recommend staying here until hotel is up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Niecey J
dixonproperties, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We apologize for the problems that you had . we strive to give our guest the the best service and quality of standards that they would expect.