“Really nice tour”

Savannah Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
Ranked #25 of 213 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Andrew Low commissioned New York architect John Norris to design and construct his house in 1848. Norris came to Savannah to design the Custom House on Bay Street and remained in Savannah to build many desirable residences with the latest in technology and luxury. The Italianate exterior features intricate cast iron railings and side balconies contrasting with the smooth stuccoed brick walls. The well proportioned rooms are decorated with elaborate plaster cornices and carved woodwork. The delicate balance of exterior restraint and opulent interior resulted in an elegant villa for the family.
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Really nice tour”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The Andrew Low House provided a good tour and in-depth explanations of the history and added great details on the life of the occupants and founder of Girl Scouting. The guide was very friendly and made it very interesting for our Girl Scout troop. The down-side was that the end of the tour consisted of being shown out the front door to see the garden and a little appearance of "buh-bye." The girls would have appreciated the chance to visit the gift shop.

Visited June 2013

Minneapolis
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“A nice house to tour”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We caught a guided tour of the Andrew Low House. The guide was very informative, the price was fair, and the house gives you a glimpse into 1800s Savannah. It is located on a pretty square in town.

Denver, Colorado
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“My favorite house on the Preservation Pass tour”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I got admission into this house with my purchase of the preservation pass and admittedly didn't expect much from the tour. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be my favorite of the three included properties. (The pass includes the Davenport House, Juliette Gordon Low House and this property for one price. Children's tickets (4-17) should be purchased separately at each stop as it works out cheaper that way.)
We arrived at the end of the day and were on what turned out to be a private tour, just our family, my friend, and the very distinguished older lady who kept us very entertained for the duration of our tour. She was very soft spoken but given our small numbers- just 5 of us- we had no difficulty hearing her at all. The home is beautiful, many of the antiques have direct ties to the family, and the fascinating information and stories on the family and the city's history abound. Combining the three homes really gave us a nice overview of the city's past and this home in particular was very educational. Don't miss this beautiful property and while you're at it, purchase the preservation pass and tie the history together.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I liked touring this house. It was well worth the 18 bucks I spent for the multiple house tour passes. This was my personal fav.

Visited October 2012
Florida, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A Very Nice Tour”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We had a very nice tour in the Andrew Low Home. It was a very private tour, as only my fiance, another visitor, and I were in our tour group. The tour was decently priced and very informative. The house itself gave a good glimpse into the lives of average 19th century Savannah citizens. The home is beautiful but is not extravagant. I do recommend a tour through this home.