Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection
1870 House(Savannah)
Hamilton-Turner Inn(Savannah)
The DeSoto(Savannah)
1,875 results
All reviewsforsyth parkthe concierge levelcooking schoolsister hoteldrayton restaurantan art gallerybeautiful hotelthe riverpark viewsoaking tubfree shuttleseparate showerhistoric districtshuttle servicebohemian hotelhotel barthe entire hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed in a king suite overlooking Forsyth Park. Location was great but I found the room and furnishings a little...junky. Everything including the furniture, bathroom tile and upholstery just looked worn out and past it's prime. Also there was no info on Savannah in the room. Staff was helpful enough, nothing special. Expected more.

Room Tip: Soho for brunch, Pink House for dinner Gryphon Tea Room for lunch
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Elisa D, Front Office Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We apologize that our facilities and service did not exceed your expectations. At The Mansion, we strive to create a positive and unique experience for each of our guests. I am sorry that we were not successful in providing that experience for you. I hope that you will consider giving us another chance to prove how important your business is to us.

Elisa Dickerson

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I love staying at the Mansion. I have stayed here at least five times now and have never been disappointed. The Mansion gives you that class of Savannah. The rooms are unique and I love the beautiful art work along the walls and in the lobby.

I visit for work and I love the park across street for taking a nice stroll, jogging or even people watching from the hotel.

I even walk down to the river on beautiful nights. It is in a very good location.

I only have two choices when I stay in Savannah and the Mansion is always on the list!

Room Tip: My favorite rooms are any that above the lobby. Great view and not to far from the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Many great hotels excel when all goes well. But how do they rate when there are problems?

During our recent stay at this 5-star property (on the concierge level) there were problems. But, how they were handled is the true measure of a great hotel. When certain things about our room were not up to the standards we expected we asked to speak with the General Manager. He arrived at our room within minutes. We show him the things we were not pleased with and he had them corrected quickly, without excuses and with sincere apologizes.

While we would have preferred that everything was perfect, we know that's not always reality. The key is, are problems handled quickly and appropriately. At the Mansion, they were.

This property would normally deserve 5-stars (and the GM certainly earned 5) but, given the fact that there were some problems that should have not occurred, I regretfully can give it only 4 stars.

I believe visitors can confidently book here knowing that if there is a problem the GM will see that it is corrected.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

When people book a hotel of this category, a high level of service is simply expected.
The first two days of our stay were very good, according to the expectation.
But on the third day, while walking barefoot in the room going from the bed to the bath, a piece of broken glass punctured a hole on the sole of my foot causing a lot of bleeding.
We never broke any glass in the room during our stay, so I can conclude that either the glass was already there when we checked in and we were simply lucky, or the cleaning lady broke something while cleaning the room that day.
Nevertheless, I reported that to the reception and asked for someone to vacuum my room while we went for dinner that night, considering that after careful investigation I managed to find additional pieces of broken glass on the carpet of our room, which I took down to the reception and gave to the employee in charge.
Once we came back from dinner I was expecting the manager to contact us or at least leave a note, but surprisingly there was nothing.
The next day, while checking out I was still expecting a word from the manager, but again nothing happened. The employee at the checkout counter even forgot to ask if everything went well during our stay, what is common at a high class hotel like this.
This is all very disappointing and to me it means that the housekeeping is not doing a good job in cleaning the rooms and aslo that the employees at the reception are not informing the management of what is happening at their hotel.
All points back to poor employee training, which is clearly a management task.

Room Tip: Avoid room 402 since you can only see leaves from the window, even though it faces the park.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob_Creek
Armondo W, Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Good afternoon Bob_Creek,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing comments regarding your recent stay. I genuinely apologize that the carpet in your room was not vacuumed thoroughly and we did not follow up regarding your experience while you were still on property. I hope you are feeling better now. Also, your comments have been shared with the Housekeeping and Front Office teams, as a training tool. Please feel free to contact me directly when your travels bring you back to Savannah. It would be my pleasure to prepare your accommodations. Again, thank you for your feedback, and for staying at Mansion on Forsyth,

Best regards,
Armondo Washington

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and were very pleased. Our room looked out over the pool area, not the busy street, so it was very quiet at this time of year. Rooms on the street side might be noisy. There were glass doors in the shower and bath which could bother some.
We had access to the concierge lounge where breakfast choices were excellent and evening hors d'oeuvres were served with complimentary wine/beer.
Street parking is easy in the area so we left our car and walked everywhere and that's the best way to see all the historic squares. The artwork while not our taste added to the eclectic feel of this lovely boutique hotel. A great choice!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple