“Beautiful stay on the park”

Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection
Ranked #26 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful stay on the park”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was at this hotel for a small business meeting, but think it would make a great couples weekend get away! The rooms were beautiful, and the staff was excellent & helpful. The food was also quite good.This was a perfect location to explore the historic district, with great restaurants and shops nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Arabic first
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel has a lot of character. The rooms are beautifully and comfortably decorated. The bathroom had a gorgeous marble shower and a big bath tub. The location is really excellent as well. We had a great view of Forsyth Park from our window.

We were traveling with our young daughter, so having the park right across the street was perfect. There are big open grass areas, playgrounds, and a cafe to get coffee, breakfast and lunch. And the cafe has clean bathrooms. What more do you need?

The hotel is located in Savannah's historic district, and it's about a mile walk to the busiest nightlife areas on and around River Street. It's a gorgeous walk through many of the historic district's charming squares. But keep in mind that you might not want to make the walk late at night after enjoying the many restaurants and bars by the waterfront. The Bohemian is their sister hotel located right next to City Hall (on the riverfront). Every half hour until 10pm they run a shuttle between the two properties. This is a great way to get back and forth for a small cost (tip your driver, of course). We found taxis to be scarce and slow in the city, so plan ahead.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Danielle C
Imola
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

When we arrived the receptionist gave a bad impression. We had a voucher ( prepaid) for a deluxe room but she tried to give us a standard room !
Wonderful hotel , right location in the historic district
At 2nd day we leaved from hotel soon 10.00 o'clock to see Savannah. When we came back at 17.00 we had a terrible surprise : the room wasn't clean. I called room service (5111) but nobody replied me ( also the day before the room service was a. "Ghost" !) In the corridor I found 2 maids and I spent some minutes to explain that I had 2 problems:
- the room wasn't clean
-my shirts and my pant wasn't drop off from laundry service
Finally they changed the towels ( a quick service of 5 minutes) and called their chief. I received then a call from a lady , manager or service chief , and after 1 hour arrived shirts and pants
I didn't see the manager/ chief but I received only a phone call. It isn't sufficent high prices for being a luxurious hotel !!
I think it is necessary firstly to care guest.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank emisuper
Elisa D, Front Office Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. We are disappointed to learn that your experience was less than perfect. We understand the importance of meeting service requests in a timely manner and apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you again, for your review as it helps us know where we need to focus on service and attention to detail.

We hope that you will afford us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Elisa Dickerson
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hotel is a mix of ecletic, bohemian and vintage. Very different and a perfect fit for my fiance and I. We held our wedding there and the service was amazing. We treated like royalty for our entire stay. Located in the beautiful historic district right across from Forsyth park.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MirandaMarquis
so. cal
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I tried to like this hotel. I stayed twice in a 3 week period in 2 different types of rooms and both experiences were sub par. The first stay was in an executive corner suite - I chose this room as I needed to work on my computer while there and "executive", in my experience traveling coast to coast, means the set-up is conducive to being able to work.....First, the check-in staff were disorganized, disinterested and way below standards for what people pay to stay here. Rude, nonresponsive and miserable are the words I would use to describe them. In addition, there are so many different people - all seemingly untrained and unsuited for customer service - working the doors, standing around, lurking and giggling in corners -- all seemingly put upon when asked for anything. Now to the "executive suite" experience -- this room (and the subsequent king premier on the Concierge level I stayed in) is so dark that I could not make coffee in the coffeemaker because I could not even read the directions on the machine. There is zero light in these rooms (as other reviewers have mentioned) - and this was with all of the window curtains wide open and all the lights on. And then there is the issue that came up with having NO wireless internet with this "executive" suite - what the....?? I called the front desk in the morning after I arrived and asked if the internet was down as I was not able to get on. I was told that no one was having a problem with internet. Instead of asking me if I needed assistance - the front desk person just sat on the line either in silence, or continued to state that no one else was having problems. I finally had to interrupt her and tell her to help! She snarkily snapped, "I'll send someone to your room" The engineer arrived about 25 minutes later and the first thing he said was, "oh, there is no signal in this part of the hotel" -- he then quickly moved around all of the arrangements in my suite so that the table was next to the door so that I could get a signal. Absolutely ridiculous that in this day and age, I had to have the entire room rearranged just to have wireless??? The engineer obviously was aware of this problem - why didn't the front desk also know that there would be issues instead of making it appear that I was being unreasonable?? The second time I stayed was because there was a mix-up at my other hotel that was my mistake (I thought I had made the reservation but I did not complete the process on line. duh) and there were no other rooms available - and I ended up using some Marriott rewards points. I bit the bullet and went back to this hotel but I booked a king room hoping that it would be a better experience. Although the room was easier to work in, it did not feel clean, my allergies went berserk -- again, I tried to remain positive but add on the fact that they charge a fortune for simple room service, nickel and dime you to death, the entire "front end experience" remained chaotic and nonhelpful.......a real bummer for what should have been a high-end "luxury" experience. And as others have written, the Concierge lounge is a total joke -- absolutely not up to any kind of standards and again, service was totally sub par - as were the offerings, cleanliness - - bleh. I also want to mention that I found it interesting that when I originally spoke to the front desk at this hotel, she made a strong point to advise me that although "we are affiliated with Marriott,we are a totally different hotel" -- she spoke as if Marriott was some kind of plague -- huh? I can tell you, I've stayed in many Marriotts during my coast to coast business travels, and this hotel falls down near the bottom of the list in regard to Marriott consistency, quality and service. I've had better "free buffet breakfasts" at Marriott Residence Inns than this hotel served in their "Concierge Lounge"......There are excellent options to stay in high-end accommodations in Savannah -- cross this place off your list and do not bother.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank CTshorewithdogs
Elisa D, Front Office Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
We appreciate the feedback you have provided and regret that you were unable to enjoy either of your recent experiences with us. I have attempted to reach out to you directly via private message and would like to discuss the details of your previous stays. Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority and I hope to speak with you soon.

Elisa
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel is certainly bizarre ,that I can accept , dirty rooms I cannot accept ,
The first room we where shown we rejected as the windows where so dirty you couldn't see out.
The second room,telephone was sticky and had dirty finger marks ,the toilet wall was covered in finger marks and smeared with goodness knows what ,the bath was dirty,dust everywhere,the list was endless .
We went for breakfast which was shocking ,even worse than the room,I sent my cup back twice as they where dirty !
The walls ,floor where we sat had old food on the floor,coffee stains down the wall ,when I mentioned why the place was so dirty ,I was told they only clean the restaurant once a week !!!!

The rooms are very dark ,even though it was a lovely sunny day we had to have the odd looking candelabra on all the time.
Judge for your self if you think that's one weeks dirt.
Photos supplied .

I'm sorry you could not pay me to stay here again .

Oh we where given a bottle of wine free parking and some fruit as compensation, believe me it wasn't .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Molly760
Elisa D, Front Office Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate feedback such as yours as it provides us with the opportunity to make improvements in service. We were extremely disappointed to learn of the cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay. We understand the importance of having a clean room and restaurant; however, the scenarios you experienced are not indicative of our mutual standards. We take pride in our ability to deliver an enjoyable guest experience, but clearly missed in the mark in these instances. In your case, we simply did not meet this goal and have addressed your specific concerns within our Rooms Division.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Elisa
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel next to the beautiful Forsyth Park in the historic district,Very good service and an interesting room with art.You will enjoy your stay and see some historical houses also.They also have an interesting restaurant in the house next door

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple