“Tuxedo Shirt in 45 minutes”

Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection
Ranked #23 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I recently attended a beautiful wedding at the Mansion on Forsyth Park where many of the other attendees stayed but was not a guest of the hotel. As I dressed for the wedding which was to start in 1 hour, I discovered I had no shirt for my Tux. I call Penelope our beautiful concierge at the Mansion (a.k.a. Wonder Woman) and told her I was not a guest but needed help. She found a mens store nearby and called me a cab. I raced to the hotel to find a cab waiting to take me to buy a shirt. I bought the shirt, dressed in the back of the cab and arrived minutes before the wedding. Penelope even helped me get to the ATM so I could pay the cab driver. If this is the amazing service provided to someone who is not a guest, I can only suspect that guest are treated like royalty. The other attendees who stayed at the Mansion confirmed this as fact. Thank you Penelope for your amazing and rapid help.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank George G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,836)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a unique hotel with much visual interest and art. But save your money and walk through the lobby. Eat at the lounge or come for breakfast. Those really were the finer points of our stay. The room was clean, mostly. There was a residue on our wine corkscrew - gross. When we stayed they were completely full and our room was SO LOUD. I have never slept so poorly in a hotel...which is saying a lot because years ago I always stayed in cheap hotels. This is definitely not that. Our room was right next to the courtyard and we could hear people until 3 in the morning. And then someone was talking in the hallway until 4. And the staff was so unassertive and just not the level you expect of a $200/night hotel, let alone $400 as many rooms are. We got the breakfast package which was definitely worth it - very good service there, delicious food, and nice atmosphere. At least we left on a good note.

Room Tip: Stay away from the courtyard.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alissagirl
Elisa D, Front Office Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of a good night’s sleep due to the event in the courtyard. Had we not been fully committed, we would have happily relocated you to another room more to your liking. We were, however, delighted to see that you thought “the hotel is unique and visually interesting”. We were also happy to hear about the delicious food and service you received in 700 Drayton. Thank you for your feedback. We hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Elisa Dickerson

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The hotel is in a great location but it just does not have the attention to detail a $400.00 night hotel should have. Our bedding was not nice I expected luxury bedding it was not even the quality of a hampton inn. The mattress was dirty in fact the entire room was not really clean.
The staff was not overly helpful or informed about anything close by could not recommend where to eat.
We spent the night before coming here at hotel for 250.00 a night in historal Charleston and it was a dream so what a big disappointment to go from there to here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jerrihudson
Armondo W, Executive Housekeeper at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hello jerrihudson,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I genuinely apologize that our bedding did not meet your expectations and we did not provide you with local dining information. I have shared your comments with the Housekeeping and Front Office teams, as a training tool, to improve our operations. Please feel free to contact me directly when your travels bring you back to Savannah. It would be my pleasure to prepare your accommodations. Again, thank you for your feedback, and for staying at Mansion on Forsyth Park.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

my room had all of the comforts and the hotel had the feel of a boutique hotel with all the comforts of a large hotel. Staff were very attentive and helpful. The art and the hat collection at the hotel was amazing worth a look even if you aren't staying there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2014

If you're looking for a beautiful hotel with five star charm, you will love the Mansion. The view of the park is lovely and complements the hotel very nicely. The hotel itself is a creative expression of art and is a seriously romantic place to stay and play. We loved the room, the bar and the restaurant. The staff is very courteous and professional. Also the walk to the historic district is lovely through the squares. I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was at this hotel for a small business meeting, but think it would make a great couples weekend get away! The rooms were beautiful, and the staff was excellent & helpful. The food was also quite good.This was a perfect location to explore the historic district, with great restaurants and shops nearby.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel has a lot of character. The rooms are beautifully and comfortably decorated. The bathroom had a gorgeous marble shower and a big bath tub. The location is really excellent as well. We had a great view of Forsyth Park from our window.

We were traveling with our young daughter, so having the park right across the street was perfect. There are big open grass areas, playgrounds, and a cafe to get coffee, breakfast and lunch. And the cafe has clean bathrooms. What more do you need?

The hotel is located in Savannah's historic district, and it's about a mile walk to the busiest nightlife areas on and around River Street. It's a gorgeous walk through many of the historic district's charming squares. But keep in mind that you might not want to make the walk late at night after enjoying the many restaurants and bars by the waterfront. The Bohemian is their sister hotel located right next to City Hall (on the riverfront). Every half hour until 10pm they run a shuttle between the two properties. This is a great way to get back and forth for a small cost (tip your driver, of course). We found taxis to be scarce and slow in the city, so plan ahead.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business