“Very Unique Hotel”

Ranked #26 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Greenwood, South Carolina
“Very Unique Hotel”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I only had the pleasure of staying here one night, but I enjoyed it very much. Friendly staff, great room, very comfortable bed, and a HUGE Jacuzzi tub, big enough for 2!
Being across the street from Forsyth Park was great!! Make sure you go see the wonderful water fountain and enjoy the lovely homes around the area.
TIP: Don't forget your room key, can't use the elevators w/o it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days in business. Had the king size room. This place is very clean and luxurious. Clean linen and bathroom. Huge tub! Toilet seperated from shower. Never had problems. Restaurant is attached as well as a lounge. Food is delicious! Front desk very kind and helped me find anything.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend everybody to stay here while in savannah. Thanks!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a girls vacation and the Mansion was perfect. Our room was large and comfortable and they were happy to help with anything you needed. We had the concierge floor and the breakfast and afternoon snacks were great. Love to go down in the am and bring coffee and rolls back to the room. The hotel is beautifully decorated - art is a little wild-but overall impressive. The shuttle to the riverfront is very convenient and saves some walking and driving. Everyone on staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I wish I could give zero Stars - probably the worst hotel experience I've ever had. We reserved an Executive Suite and paid a $100 upgrade to get a room to spend my Birthday in Savannah before moving on to Hilton Head for Spring Break. The desk clerk gave away the last Executive Suite (our room) as a complimentary upgrade to two women ahead of my family - we heard him do it. When we stepped up, we were told that they were all out of Executive Suites and they tried to put my wife and I in one room and our 12 year old son in a separate room. When told that wouldn't work - after waiting in the lobby for 20 minutes at midnight - we were given a room that had one king bed for 3 people. Had to go back to the front desk and, after multiple apologies from the desk clerk - we accepted a roll-away that barely fit in the bathroom. My wife had to ask my son to leave his bed whenever she had to use the bathroom. The next morning the day manager was very apologetic and said they would credit our upgrade and parking and I checked out with the credit given. Just got my CC statement - they charged it back the next day - requiring me to call and deal with someone on the phone with a lot of attitude. I am calling my CC company and contesting the charge as I feel it will likely return. I am thankful for the night security guard - he's the only one who understood service and tried to be as accommodating as he could. I've never written/posted a review ever- this was just too much to leave alone and not forewarn others. I travel a lot and stay in a lot of Marriott hotels - clueless service - stay away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Drew G
Elisa D, Front Office Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and relay to us your experience at the Mansion. We take all guest comments seriously and though we’re sorry to hear your experience wasn’t 100% positive, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow. The next time you’re back in Savannah, I would love the chance to personally make sure your next stay at our hotel exceeds your expectations. I have emailed you my personal contact information and hope that I will be able to welcome you back soon.

Elisa Dickerson
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Great lunch in the sunroom. Will return to try dinner. Excellent service from Eric, waiter with red hair. My daughter enjoyed looking at the art in the hotel lobby while waiting for table. I would prefer a better kids menu but Eric did bring a perfect temperature hot chocolate for desert!!!

Stayed April 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Beautiful hotel, the art is fun and festive, it is situated across the street from a beautiful, live-oak tree lined park, but do not stay in a room on the park side......noisy!!! Between the bellmen blowing off the driveway at 7:30 am during the week and the week-end park festivities testing the PA system at 7:30 am on Sat. and Sun., we didn't get to sleep in! and darn it, cuz the beds are really comfy! The rooms are large and pretty! BIG DISAPPOINTMENT was that 12 of us had booked the concierge floor and they booted us off for a wedding party, even though we were there for my 60th birthday celebration. They did give us access to the concierge lounge, which was a nice gesture, but not staying on the floor made it more difficult to use it. OH! Only the first drink in the concierge lounge is complimentary...gotta pay up for the rest! I have never had to do that before...that's why you pay the up-charge for that level! We also requested rooms with 2 double beds and only 1 out of the 4 rooms fit that request, so the 3rd person in a couple of the rooms had to sleep on roll- aways.Also, the first day, our room was "skipped" by the housekeeper, so we got back from a long day of shopping and siteseeing to an un-made bed........I think overall, the hotel is a great choice, but we were disappointed in those things...if I stay there again, I'll remember to request a room on the side or back of the hotel, and I will expect to have a room on the concierge floor if I book that up front...seems like "the early bird gets the worm", so my advice is to get there early in the day and check in first! In our group, the gals that did that, got the best room we had with the double beds, and it was on the quiet side! We had a wonderful massage at the Spa...Robert was very skilled!

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the front of the hotel.