“Great location, but pricey”

Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection
Ranked #25 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The staff is what makes this hotel particularly fabulous. Everyone was helpful, and they went out of their way to return a pair of earrings I had forgotten in my room. The location is also ideal, but be sure to request a room above the ground floor for privacy, and one that faces the courtyard for quiet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Elisa D, Front Office Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. We are pleased to learn that our staff is “fabulous” in your eye and are glad we were able to reunite you with your earrings. Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Warm Regards,
Elisa Dickerson

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We were visiting Savannah recently on a vacation trip. In general The Mansion was a very good place to stay. Great decor. The staff was efficient but not exactly gushing with hospitality and charm. The location was a tad far from everything but there is a shuttle to the property on the waterfront which we used several times. The location on the park was a plus. The location however sits on the edge of what we call a 'transitional' neighborhood. We were hesitant to walk around there at night. In fact there's a market just 2 blocks away which Yelpers said basically 'don't even go there'. Which was too bad because we might have stocked up on water since the hotel wanted to charge $5 for a bottle of water. When I looked in the bathroom (which was amazingly spacious) there were bath salts and bubble bath, for sale of course. The art on the walls in the hall was I was told was also for sale. So basically every time we turned around there was something for sale. And for all the grandiose pretensions there seemed to be a few details missing. If there was a concierge it was news to me. The first night we came back to our room there was no turn down.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank levermontois
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had a lovely room overlooking the courtyard. This hotel is across from beautiful Forsyth Park and away from the hustle bustle of the riverfront. We really enjoyed the sanctuary after a busy day sightseeing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My daughter and I decided to explore Savannah for a few days. This hotel was perfect. I booked the concierge level and the morning breakfast offered on this level (coffee, juice & fruit for us because we're vegans) was enough to tide us over until we stopped our walking exploration for lunch. Because it rained for most of our stay, we spent our evenings with a couple of cocktails in the Casmir Lounge listening to musical performances. The free hotel shuttle to the partner hotel, The Bohemian on the Riverfront, was a nice opportunity to have dinner in a different part of town, but we also quickly realized that we had made the right choice with the Forsyth Mansion because of its setting (right across from the beautiful park) and quietness.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here overnight on business and dined at their 700 restaurant. The hotel's luxurious style and charm was captivating and not like any place I have been and the price is also unlike anything I have seen even close to the same caliber (1/4 the cost). Art is displayed on the walls and rooms are sexy and glamorous and yet manage to still feel comfortable and warm. The dining experience at 700 was wonderfully warm and delicious. Shane the chef's creative take on the scallops dish I ordered hit the mark perfectly unlike many fusion dishes that usually are either over or under done. I would highly recommend this hotel and restaurant and above all, Shane, you rock!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and child have stayed here a total of 10 nights. We travel a lot and this is among our favorite couple of hotels in the US. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Huge bathrooms. And lots of luxury features such as the gym, bar, art gallery, restaurant and cooking classes. The staff is amazing -- valet, front desk, housekeeping -- all professionals. Great neighborhood too.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

All areas of this hotel are exceptionally clean. There is no better location if you wish to participate in events at Forsyth Park. I felt very safe at this hotel and enjoyed morning walks around the park. There is a shuttle to the Riverfront, although I did not take advantage of this. For all of these reasons I would certainly return. However, it should be noted that this property missed the mark in several areas. I did not see the consistent level of top quality service that Marriott is famous for and this was a disappointment. This is my first stay at an Autograph Collection property, but I expected, since it is in the Marriott family, the same level of service. There were small things that surprised me (styro cups for coffee instead of china cups, no coffee available during the the 5-8 concierge lounge hours, concierge breakfast items appeared to be appetizers, causing me to wonder if they were from the evening before. My king size bed was too short (I am 5'8") as if it had been turned horizontally to the wall. The rooms above the entrance are noisy as smokers congregated outside in the evening. The decor is somewhat over the top and not always tasteful.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Elisa D, Restaurant Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Greetings Mr/Ms Nasizzy-

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Mansion on Forsyth Park. I am glad that you enjoyed the location and the park. However, I am terribly sorry to hear about your experience in the concierge lounge as well as the noise from the courtyard. Our morning standard is to provide eggs and bacon with fresh pastries at our concierge lounge buffet. In addition, I apologize for the confusion and although we do not have a coffee station from 6-9pm, we do offer coffee service upon request. Thank you for sharing your experience with us as it is our most important tool as we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests.

Tim Hehman