Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection
US$191
US$251
US$226
  • Restaurant
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$219
Orbitz.com
US$247
1,893 results
All reviewsforsyth parkthe concierge levelcooking schoolsister hoteldrayton restaurantan art gallerybeautiful hotelthe riverpark viewsoaking tubfree shuttleseparate showerhistoric districtshuttle servicebohemian hotelhotel barthe entire hotel
Reviewed 29 December 2008

My wife and I stayed here for one night on our way from VA to FL. It was even better than the website made it look. The walls everywhere are covered (and I mean covered) with interesting art. The room was huge and beautifully decorated. I honestly can't understand how their rates can be so reasonable. We had drinks in Casimirs Lounge, which is one of the coolest spaces I've seen. Dinner at 700 Drayton was very good. All in all, a very satisfying experience.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2008

I booked this hotel through an offer that came through Travelzoo.com after having already booked into another hotel in Savannah. I received a "too good to pass up" deal of $109 per night over Christmas. The special offer was for a King room, but, as I was traveling with my daughter, I called to see if the same price would apply for two queens and was given the same rate with a park view too boot!
As I was pretty familiar with the Historic District in Savannah I knew that the hotel was a pretty good distance from the main tourist area, nearer to the river, but was told that we could be transported wherever we needed to go via the hotel Town Car and driver, at no additional cost. Although we did not need to use this service it was nice to know that it was available.
The hotel is really beautiful and the staff that greeted us was very friendly and accommodating. There was an error on my bill which was promptly handled to my satisfaction.
Our room was beautiful, decorated with very dark walls, chandeliers, with velvet drapes, chairs and pillows. The beds were extremely comfortable with lush duvets and down pillows. A Bose radio with the hotel CD is in every room and provided a lovely touch.
The rooms are also supplied with coffee machines which use coffee pods (very good coffee0 but we had an issue with housekeeping in getting them to replace the china coffee mugs and replace the coffee pods everyday.
The only other issue we had was that the room lighting is VERY dim, making it impossible to read in bed. My recommendation would be to bring a book light if you like to read in bed.
We only had one meal, a hamburger, in the hotel bar, but it was quite good.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed 11 December 2008

The Mansion is a beautiful mix of classic architecture and updated styling. We had a premium king room, which was wonderfully comfortable and spacious. Check in was easy and friendly and they had a nice mix playing on the Bose when we entered the room. Every encounter with the staff was nothing but pleasant.

We were completely happy with the location, a little removed from the busier area but still close enough to get there quickly. The hotel also has a complimentary town car to drop off and pick up guests around town. Street parking on Abercorn (just behind the hotel) for our rental car was very easy and convenient. I would also recommend a spa appointment at Poseidon, the massages we had were excellent.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2008

My husband and I reserved through the Mansion website directly. We'd just been through a major transplant surgery 3 weeks prior and were looking forward to a totally awsome stay in a highly touted Savannah hotel. I would not characterize our stay as terrible, however we experienced several service /quality issues I would not expect for a 4 or 5 star hotel charging a 22% gratuity on every service in addition to $12 dollar a day service fee. With these charges, I would expect impecable service.

1) Jacked up rate after online reseration made - I made this reservation online with rates $20 less than were sent in confirmation and confirmed upon check in. When I brought this to the attention of front desk staff, their attitude was indifference and quite frankly 'snotty' - 'it's disclosed on the website that we can change the rate based on capacity'. I followed up on this after the fact and cannot find this on the website nor was is provided from the hotel. Never an experience I've had at a 4-5 star hotel.

2) Spa Treatments - Spa is very nice and staff in the spa was pleasant, however sessions were overpriced with a 22% service charge which is excessive.
With these charges, we were still asked to report to the spa in our robes and slippers because 'the spa was very busy today'. Never an experience I've had at a 4-5 star hotel.

3) Room Service- we ordered breakfast to our room via breakfast card. Room service arrived with only 1 meal. When we pointed this out to the delivery staff, she was absolutely sure she had brought everything on the order and left. I chased her down the hallway and asked her to 'recheck the order' and she seemed inconvenienced and irritated and was sure it was me that had made the mistake. She came back a minute later to report she had in fact made a mistake reading the card. No apology, no regret. Never an experience I've had a 4-5 star hotel. On another occasion, my husband and I ordered a club sandwich for a late night snack. Although the order was correct, we both went to bed with upset stomachs. We canceled our reservation at the 700 club for the next night as a result - and was thrilled we had. We also discovered that of the 22% gratuity for room service (in addition of another 3$ service charge), the staff only recieves 10%. The fact the staff disclosed this to us tells me their staff is not happy which reflects in their service.

4) Maid Service - With these charges, I would expect maid service to be top notch. Our last day, we were out from 10 - 4:30 pm and returned to a room without maid service. We left for dinner at 7 and I asked the front desk for room service. He said he would try to get someone to go by for a light service. when I provided the feedback from the day, his first instinct was to question whether I had left the do not distrurb sign (we had not) - seeming shocked this could have occured.

5) inconvenienced - we were informed in the morning there would be wedding activities in the hotel lobby from 6 - 6:30 pm. My husband and I ran back to our hotel to make the 6 cut off - and arriving at 5:50, we were stopped and asked to wait for the brides grand entrance. Instead of taking the 30 seconds it would to get through the lobby, they escorted us through the side door. After waiting for 10 minutes, we were escorted to the service elevator. As a recent bride myself, I understand the importance of the day, but expectations were set that the staff did not seem prepared to deliver.

We also ran across other guest at the hotel who had issues with their room upon arrival - (used robes, used water and half eaten candy).

On the bright side - our room was clean and well appointed. We found the young men at the valet stand to be very professional and pleasant.

We would not stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone. Bottom line is a hotel with these rates and extra charges should up it's game and deliver commesurate service. When mistakes are made, instead of questioning the customer, they should acknowledge their mistake and make every effort to make it right or reimburse the customer.

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank Debler
Reviewed 1 December 2008

Now now, folks it had some bumps but it was not that bad! Given the price I do feel that I did receive good value for my stay. But I do have a few complaints, too, primarily, I wish that Kessler properties would consider how unsettling it is to listen to drunken cacklers at 3AM in the morning. No amount of wonderful bedding can make up for being awoken to loud non-stop noise. I am aware that these Saturday wedding parties generate a great deal of revenue, white noise devices available in the rooms perhaps? I would also like Kessler properties to consider on their next renovation that – less IS more when it comes to décor. But it is what it is, and the Savannah properties’ staff did strike me as well trained and attentive. Everyone was VERY helpful and friendly, to both me and my family. I had an amazing experience with my main concierge contact Sari, who worked hard to ensure our every request and question was well attended to. But overall felt that more diligence could be taken with small maintenance details, this even came down to the esurvey that I just attempted to fill in – upon completion a bug kept giving me a “select only one item on question number 8”. No matter what I enter – to no avail, the survey is not accepted (this is no oversight on my part – there is a bug). That means the 25 minutes I spent trying to provide the hotel with valuable feedback bit the digital dust. These details count and the good will a guest feels does get slowly eroded. For example, I will consider a Ritz Carlton yawn of a property over a hipper younger Kessler in the future if my stay involves a Saturday night.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family