“Worst beach I have ever been to!”
Review of South Beach

South Beach
Ranked #47 of 220 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Where do I start? The parking lots are disgusting. Dirty diapers, trash and clothes all over the grounds. The public restrooms by the pier are so dirty and smell of urine. I literally wanted to puke. The beach is filled with cigarette butts , bottle caps and trash everywhere. In the short time we were there I had seen 3 people cut and bleeding from whatever they stepped on. The pier was filthy as well. The service from the vendors in the pier was horrendous. Also the atmosphere I was picking up in the pavilion was that of a crack house . It was the feeling as if I wanted to hang out and get high it was the perfect place. I was so disappointed. No hotels on the beach so much wasted potential. I myself will never visit this beach again unless they do some serious renovations. If it were not for the folks at fannies and the great food and service there. Our trip would've been a complete waste of time.

29  Thank Danny H

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The south end beach is great and clean specially at low tide.
And in comparison to the 2 other beachs at Tybee, it is very calm and peacefull. Wonderfull place to have a walk and look for marine life.

4  Thank NRRobinson
Reviewed 18 March 2014

As always parking was alittle expensive. . We love just sitting back and enjoying the waves. . It is our happy place

3  Thank Stacey D
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We spent a few hours on the beach. It was nice. Was crowded but fun. We sat close to the pier and were close to the restrooms and anything we would need! Besides having to pay $2/ hour for parking, it was a great and cheap trip to the beach!

15  Thank Lacey T
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I had a blast! The only cost was to pay for parking. The bathroom we changed in smelled awful and I made sure I touched none of the surfaces! But after that was over, we walked over the hill and were on the beach. The beach was clean, there was a small crowd, but plenty of room to enjoy yourself. Some of my family walked to the pavilion and got hot dogs. I didn't get a chance to go, because I was too busy splashing in the water and building sand castles! Overall it was a great experience!

16  Thank Cocoabrie