“I love lighthouses”

and up
Savannah Gribble House Ghost-Hunting Tour
Ranked #34 of 219 things to do in Savannah
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I love lighthouses so it's no wonder I enjoyed this part of my trip. I climbed to the top for the phenomenal views. I would definitely recommend a visit & time spent enjoying the beauty of this landmark. Visit the fort while you're there.

1  Thank iloveg

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stopped at the Visitor's Center and were impressed with the ample parking, even for our Class A RV towing an auto.
Hint: Our system for visiting such places is to provide a list of the places we wish to visit that we found on Trip Advisor. This helps the staff zero in on the areas of interest we prefer. After they guide us to our desired destinations, we ask them if we have missed anything that complements our list. At the Savannah Center our host was very personable and extremely helpful. For $7.00 we could stay in or RV all night (without services) if we prefer. All tours were described clearly and we felt satisfied with our visit. We came away with a sense of how much time to invest in each area as well. One of the best we have visited. No fee for first hour parking.

2  Thank James H
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a great place to start if you are looking for things to do in Savannah; there are all kinds of pamphlets, organized into sections (restaurants, tours, etc.) and you can help yourself. That's where the service ends. I found the staff unhelpful and rather unfriendly ... telling me that the tour meets 'over there' and to look for 'Johnny" was less than helpful. The people driving the tour busses were much more helpful. It also closes with a bang at 5 o'clock. A tourist centre in a major tourist city that closes at 5:00????? All the information you need is there, but don't expect any help; it's little better than self service.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Make sure to stop here to get information, maps, tours, etc. about visiting Savannah. Large parking area and an excellent, free film in the theater about the history of Savannah. There is a history museum and a nearby railroad museum.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

At the downtown location you will find a wealth of information and they even have a museum located inside! You have to pay a fee to view the museum but it explains the history of Savannah nicely!