“Would go back in a heartbeat!”

Makalani Massage Co.
Ranked #11 of 33 Spas & Wellness in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A therapeutic massage practice in the heart of Midtown Savannah plus access to chiropractic care, ART, and a fitness trainer...Offering a variety of massage services and bodywork. Flexible hours...Open 5 days a week-Weekends per availability.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Orlando
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Would go back in a heartbeat!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My darling receives routine deep tissue massages as a part of physical therapy for chronic pain, and last year I booked what was supposed to be a deep tissue massage at another spa that we had passed several times. It was "eh," he said. This year, I went to TripAdvisor and found this woman. We called during listed business hours and it went to voicemail. This made me a little nervous, and I almost called another company, but I am SO glad I didn't. She called back within a half hour or so, and we set up my boyfriend's 90 minute deep tissue massage, free healing touch therapy, and a steam treatment targeted at muscle aches. I arranged the Hawaiian Mana steam treatment for myself along with the healing touch. I was going to book a body scrub for myself, but she needs 24 notice on those because she makes the scrub the night before. Makalani is a one woman show - Kamaka is the massage therapist, receptionist, owner, housekeeping, and everything else - so if you go as a couple your treatments will be done separately. Luckily, she's near good shopping. And good restaurants. And I left Gary for two hours, and when I came back, he looked relaxed. This man never looks relaxed. When she left to reset the room for me, he told me that while it wasn't what he was used to, it was quite good. "She uses some Hawaiian technique," and told me I had made a good choice. Then it was my turn. She put me under a steam thing - I know there is a proper word, and pictures are on the site - and I melted, in the best possible way. I chose it because it sounded like it would smell good, and despite sweating my buns off, I smelled lovely for the rest of the day. And the healing touch bit was cool - it's energy manipulation, if you are into auras and that sort of thing. I liked the guided imagery part of it.
CONS: It would have been nice to know about needing notice on the scrub.
PROS: Anyone who can make my picky boyfriend tell me that we are booking her next year must be amazing!
We're already planning on booking for next year.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank mickle34

Savannah, Georgia
“Healing Hands....”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Knowledgable, friendly, calming and very professional. Massaged the aches and stresses away. Definitely worth the visit!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a wonderful massage!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I were in town for the weekend to celebrate her birthday and we didn't make a whole bunch of reservations because we wanted the freedom to pick and choose what to do as we made our way through the city. Finding a massage last minute was nearly impossible due to the 87 weddings going on town this weekend. Luckily we mentioned our misfortune while at HotHeadz Saturday afternoon getting pedicures and they referred us to Makalani Massage. According to her website she is closed on Sunday but I called her office and left a message hoping she would show some mercy and fit us in. She called back within minutes and setup back to back appointments for my wife and on Sunday afternoon. We received a great massage at the hands of Kamaka. She is a wonderful masseuse and a wonderful person to work with. For those that care about the rates, she is in-line with many of the Spa's in Savannah and a tremendous deal over what you will pay at some of the higher priced hotels. My wife and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a medium-to-firm swedish style massage.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Scott B
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kamaka is the BEST!!!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have been a client of Kamaka's for 7 years. I have had many massages, in many locations all over the world, & have NEVER had a better one! She goes right to my trouble spots & works them! She heals, her hands are magic! Her custom oils are blended with thought & knowledge. I always feel better as soon as I walk through the door & feel like a new person when I leave!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank susAN b
Maryland, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Aaahh... peace on earth”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The only words that comes close to this experience is truthfully heaven on earth for a moment. The young lady was very pleasant, peaceful, calm and her energy was electrifying. It was like she had a conversation with every aching joint, bone and muscle. I've never experienced a massage like this one. Her touch was so soft, never any pain at all. The oils that were used... unbelievable!!! Seriously those were real massage oils. Other places are imitating how a massage spa is supposed to be. I went in there with so much heaviness on me and so many thoughts that wore me down and my body was a mess. Her massage techniques and her spirit got me back in shape. And I'm feeling my absolute best that I've felt in a while. Go check her out!!! I will be back again.

Visited November 2013