Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District
US$191
US$188
US$182
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$81
Andaz Savannah(Savannah)
US$231
US$225
US$248
US$220
  • Restaurant
The Marshall House(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$187
  • Restaurant
US$216
Doubletree.com
1,968 results
All reviewscity marketgreat locationvalet parkinghistoric districtbay streetwithin walking distancevalet staffper daybalcony roomthe river walkvery nice hoteldefinitely stay here againcookiessouthern hospitalitytrip to savannahconciergehgi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My husband and I stayed in Savannah for several days at the beginning of July. This hotel really knows how to cater to its guests. Each and every staff person was friendly and very helpful from the moment we arrived until the day we departed. This was truly home away from home with a great view of the Savannah River (and the fireworks display). Excellent location - easy to walk to attractions, restaurants, and shopping. One of the best hotels in terms of service, location, and decor. Don't pass this one up!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with a view
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Although approaching the hotel from one direction is somewhat shady (a couple of blocks from low-income "projects,") this must be, more or less, the dividing line to a much nicer area. Once we arrived, our itinerary always took us in the street direction which was much more appealing. We were comfortable in our surroundings and never felt unsafe.

This area is home to several other hotels, as well, such as the Hyatt, Quality Inn, etc.

The greatest advantage, I believe, is the hotel's proximity to the river. About a 5-minute walk will take you to an assortment of shops and restaurants.(Also, rather than take any of the several ramps which scale down to the river area, note that there is also an elevator available, located to the left of city hall). This is a great area to take a leisurely walk (and sample some of those wonderful pralines!!!).

We had two wonderful concierges at this hotel: Janice and Pam. Both ladies were extremely accommodating, and assisted us in finding whatever tours, restaurants, and entertainment we sought. We arrived on a very hot and humid day at 1:30 PM. Janice knew our intention was to do a hop-on-hop-off itinerary later in the day. Rather than see us sweat miserably, she located and secured a comprehensive, air conditioned, Old Savannah Tour which could pick us up at 2:00 PM. We couldn't have gotten anything more convenient, and it was very much appreciated.

Pam was helpful, as well, providing directions to Tybee Island, and securing tickets for the Old Savannah Theater. She recommended a small restaurant (Six Pence Pub) as a place close to the theatre. Both the theatre show and pub were great for a casual evening out.

The hotel room was rather basic, but comfortable. The air conditioning worked perfectly. The pool was small, but clean, and served our needs well for that refreshing afternoon dip.

We were travelling on rewards points, and were provided with a cooked breakfast.

I wouldn't hesitate staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
paulkomanecky, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

llovestotravel,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our concierge staff went above and beyond for you. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2011

This was our second stay at this location. We have also stayed at the Doubletree directly across the street. The quality and cleanliness of the rooms was as expected in a Hilton property. The location makes it easy to experience the City Market, the riverfront and the rest of the historic downtown. We will definitely return.

mrmice,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your loyalty. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2011

Hotel was great and was in a perfect location to see everything there is to see in Savannah. You can walk to the City Market area and River Street (on the waterfront). I'd highly recommend using the concierge service at this hotel. We stepped up to the desk..asked a few questions and got a wonderful day of activities, including reservations for The Chart House at 8pm on the balcony overlooking the waterfront (free appetizer since our concierge set up the reservation). Don't miss out on a wonderful time in Savannah...stay here...and use the concierge desk..they made it all easy and fun! Don't let the fees for valet parking scare you...parking in Savannah is scarce..so use it..the daily fee is comparable to other parking options that aren't as handy/close by. We loved the hop on and hop off trolley tour, the green spaces of the numerous parks, and the friendliness of the people. The hotel made it all the more enjoyable by being centrally located and helpful! Thanks Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District...you'll see us again soon...it's a promise!

Caytoncristy,

Thank you so much for such a stellar review! I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2011

I have been prompted to review after seeing earlier reviews. I wanted to share my positive experience from October 2010.

This hotel was choosen by my travel agent as a cheaper alternative to the conference hotel across the water. As far as I can see this hotel is excellent value. It is certainly very well located for the main attractions. Coming from the UK, I am always impressed by Hilton Garden.

The front desk staff were very good, friendly, welcoming and full of excellent recommendations for places to eat. They were extremely chatty. I only wish I could remember then name of one lady in particular. When I had to leave the hotel for a meeting during a rain storm the valets tried really hard to find me an umbrella which was so kind. Breakfasts were good and plentiful and I like that fruit and coffee is always available. The pool was great with an amazing view. Room clean and well appointed.

I had two minor issues. There was some confusion with my pre-paid agent voucher and I was charged twice. However, this was quickly resolved and the hotel apologised. Also, I couldn't get the wi-fi in my room, but everywhere else it was fine. For these reasons I give 4/5 for service but this should not detract from the personal front desk service.

I intend to return for a holiday and will look forward to returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank nellnotts
paulkomanecky, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

nellnotts,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your stay with us. I enjoy hearing stories about exceptional customer service shown by the staff. While I wish every stay was perfect, it's also good to hear when issues are quickly resolved for our guests. I look forward to your next stay with us!