We stayed here on Veteran's Day weekend - it seemed the hotel was well booked but not overbooked. The check-in was a breeze, the valet's were so kind and helpful. Our room was a King Suite and had a balcony on the 5th floor. I had bought a fan and was glad I did as the hotel is at on Bay Street which has alot of traffic. Our room was clean and stocked with towels and soap. We had paid for the breakfast in advance booking the bed and breakfast deal. On Saturday morning, the service and food was fantastic. On Sunday morning, the food was okay as was the service. I am not sure what the difference was - but there was a difference. Each time we wanted our car brought up, we called ahead and we never had to wait. When we left, a valet came to our room, loaded the luggage caddy and took our things downstairs. He was so pleasant as was everyone we met who worked there. The only complaint that I have (and it is no biggie) is that our room was not cleaned (garbage emptied, towels restocked) on Saturday morning. We were gone most of the day and did not return to the hotel until amost 4 pm. When we saw that the room had not been touched, we just found a housecleaning woman down the hall and gave her our dirty towels and asked for new ones. Again, no biggie but it would have been nice. As far as the price for the valet - that is normal in a place like this where parking is a premium so $18 was not something to fuss about. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore historic downtown Savannah from Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District hotel, situated one block from River Street, City Market, and historic Broughton Street. Located just 20 minutes from Savannah International Airport, this hotel is within easy access of Savannah’s vibrant night life, shopping, dining, and entertainment options.Wake up to a delicious, full, cooked-to-order breakfast at Great American Grill® or sip on cool, evening drinks at this Savannah hotel’s inviting pub. Enjoy a fantastic selection of snack, treats, and microwavable meals in the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry® convenience store or feel invigorated with a revitalizing workout in the modern fitness center. Lounge in the outdoor pool or bathe in the warm, soothing whirlpool. Positioned near to a variety of businesses, this historic downtown Savannah hotel boasts five modern, versatile meeting rooms. Host a conference or special event for up to 120 guests and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Enjoy a comfortable, quiet space for work in the 24-hour Business Center and stay connected with complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Savannah Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Savannah