We were going to stay at a B&B, and then we said - Us? Queen Bed? B&B.. No... Let's just go to a "regular hotel" because we'll only be sleeping there.
When we pulled in for valet parking - it was a disaster. We sat for 15-20 mins before we could even get in the garage, and then were directed to the side street for parking. Not happy. Had to get the luggage trolley and trot our stuff in... and that was the end of the bad stuff.
The location is GREAT!!!
The suite was good, the bathroom a little small and we ran out of soap and TP really quick. When we told housekeeping, we were then inundated with shampoo, soap, conditioner, cups.
This is a non-smoking hotel - if you smoke - ask for a balcony room. You can go out there and smoke.
The concierge - Pam - to die for. While I had a lot of ideas and maps and tours, she added to the experience of Savannah. She also had coupons!!!
Bar was good; breakfast was also good. It is expensive to eat in Savannah. Hotel for breakfast was $14 or so.... and all you could eat. I was stuffed from all those dinners, so for $6 you can get coffee and fruit and toast - 2-3 items and they give you a deal.
We will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore historic downtown Savannah from Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District hotel, situated one block from River Street, City Market, and historic Broughton Street. Located just 20 minutes from Savannah International Airport, this hotel is within easy access of Savannah’s vibrant night life, shopping, dining, and entertainment options.Wake up to a delicious, full, cooked-to-order breakfast at Great American Grill® or sip on cool, evening drinks at this Savannah hotel’s inviting pub. Enjoy a fantastic selection of snack, treats, and microwavable meals in the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry® convenience store or feel invigorated with a revitalizing workout in the modern fitness center. Lounge in the outdoor pool or bathe in the warm, soothing whirlpool. Positioned near to a variety of businesses, this historic downtown Savannah hotel boasts five modern, versatile meeting rooms. Host a conference or special event for up to 120 guests and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Enjoy a comfortable, quiet space for work in the 24-hour Business Center and stay connected with complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Booking.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Savannah Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Savannah