Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Savannah(Savannah)
1,970 results
All reviewscity marketgreat locationvalet parkinghistoric districtbay streetwithin walking distancevalet staffper daybalcony roomthe river walkvery nice hoteldefinitely stay here againcookiessouthern hospitalitytrip to savannahconciergehgi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Even though we loved Savannah we did not feel that "WOW" factor. The room was just average, the bedding looked old and dingy. There was no safe in the room and we are not fans of valet parking. I will say the hospitality was excellent. Because this was a Hilton Hotel we just expected more. It wasn't terrible, it was just average.

Room Tip: If staying at this hotel, make sure you stay on the pool side. We did not make this request. We were on the W.Bay st side so there was alot of noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We've stayed several times at the interstate, which is fine, and twice in the mid-town area, but this location is just perfect. We love Savannah, especially River Street and the City Market. The hotel is one block or less from each! We stayed in July on our way to N.C. and then returned in August on the way home to Florida. We will stay there again, I'm sure!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently stayed here for a family reunion. The hotel is well situated on the corner of Bay St. and MLK Jr. It is within walking distance of just about everything. The market area is located directly behind the hotel. You will find a plethora of restaurants and artist shops here. Check out Mr. Alix Baptiste while you are there and pick up a few items. He has some very lovely work at a reasonable cost. River St. is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
Now the pros and cons of this hotel: It is easier for me to list them numerically.
Cons
1. The valet parking area is very poorly designed. There isn't enough room to pull up and unload you vehicle while another car pulls in to be parked. They can really fit 3 cars at once in the driveway area. So if someone pulls in ahead of you that needs to unload and you would like to be valet parked well, you car must sit until the car unloading moves. Depending on how long this takes the street out front may become very congested. Forget retrieving your car on a busy day. I must applaud the young men with their ability to remember the guest without prompts. I never really waited that long for someone to take the car.
2. The check-in was initially cold. The receptionist at the desk when we checked in was very reserved and unwelcoming. I thought she was having a very bad day. The lobby was average. There was nothing spectacular about the lobby area to make it memorable.
3. I reserved a suite and was disappointed with the size. The room seemed small for a suite. I did not feel it was worth the extra money.
4. The fitness center was small. There is only 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical and 1 stationary bike. There is also a small universal.
Pros
1. Location, Location, Location
2. The rooms were clean.
3. The room attendant was very good. Thank you.
4. The breakfast (although it is $14.95) is pretty good.
5. Selena Gibbons at the front desk will always greet you with a smile and bring on to your face as well. She is the best hotel receptionist that I have ever met.

All in all I would stay here again but with a few changes to my stay.

Room Tip: Although a suite provides additional sleeping space because of the sofabed, it really is not worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Our family of three had just finished a wonderful, week long cruise and drove to Savannah for an overnight stay before we headed back to Virginia. When we drove up to the hotel we were quickly greeted by a valet and I went inside to check us in. The ladies at the counter couldn't have been friendlier and they gave us a great room on the 6th floor at the end of the hall. The room was very spacious and nice and clean. We also had a good view of the river.
My husband found the blackout curtains located behind the shears so we didn't have to be awakened by the sun the next day and we enjoyed watching the large flat screen tv until it was time for sleep.
The beds were comfortable and we left the fan on all night for noise. Since this hotel is right in the historic district, it stays quite busy but we slept well and were ready for our day of traveling.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to stay in the heart of the historic district.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We traveled for a weekend to Savannah for a short anniverasry get away. I checked on several hotels but found a good deal on this one. I had never stayed at a H.Garden before so I wasn't sure how good it would be. The service was excellent and the staff very helpful in recommendations for food and sights in Savannah. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was in easy walking distance of the river front and most of the sights. We fell in love with Savannah. We usually go to Charleston which is wonderful but Savannah has it's own special charms and wonderful restaurants.

Room Tip: Higher room for quietness and view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple