The hotel was clean as was the room. We had a double queen that faced the parking lot next door. The bathroom was clean and the hotel offered Neutrogena products; lotion, shampoo, conditioner & mouthwash. We asked for a cot and it was brought up within minutes. The staff was friendly and accomdating. No problems checking in nor with valet parking. While we could have found cheaper parking based on some of the other reviews, we felt it was best parked in a secure area on the hotel grounds. Valet was $17.50 per day. If you exit out the back of the hotel just one street over is the City Market Square with lots of places to eat. Lots of outdoor seating if you want to bring your dog along. No through traffic. Lots of people had their dogs and most were welcome in the tourist shops as well. If your looking for the touristy shops, you'll find most of those along the water front. Which would be out the front door of the hotel. We found a great dueling piano bar, Savannah Smiles, within walking distance from the hotel ( one street over going out the front door) open until 3 am. While we never ate at the hotel, The Cotton Exchange, found along the water front had good food and beer. We ate at The Rock for dinner found inside the Bohemian hotel and that was good as well. Heard they had a great roof top bar, but we never made it up there. If your a light sleeper,you may not want the rooms that face the back parking lot of the hotel as we heard someone complain it got really loud out there around 3 am with music playing and people hollering. Possibly leaving Savannah Smiles?? We never heard a thing, so I can't confirm or deny it got loud. Overall a good stay and located within walking distance to everything. One last tip...the stairs going down to the river area are steep and brutal..not to mention climbing back up. You can go into a hotel ( I assume any hotel) but we went into the Bohemian and then down to the 1st floor to the restaurant along the water side. We noticed other people doing that and then keep going right out the door. Beats the steep steps if your unable to do so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore historic downtown Savannah from Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District hotel, situated one block from River Street, City Market, and historic Broughton Street. Located just 20 minutes from Savannah International Airport, this hotel is within easy access of Savannah’s vibrant night life, shopping, dining, and entertainment options.Wake up to a delicious, full, cooked-to-order breakfast at Great American Grill® or sip on cool, evening drinks at this Savannah hotel’s inviting pub. Enjoy a fantastic selection of snack, treats, and microwavable meals in the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry® convenience store or feel invigorated with a revitalizing workout in the modern fitness center. Lounge in the outdoor pool or bathe in the warm, soothing whirlpool. Positioned near to a variety of businesses, this historic downtown Savannah hotel boasts five modern, versatile meeting rooms. Host a conference or special event for up to 120 guests and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Enjoy a comfortable, quiet space for work in the 24-hour Business Center and stay connected with complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Savannah Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Savannah