Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District
  • Breakfast included
US$248
US$220
  • Restaurant
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$81
US$216
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
The Marshall House(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$202
Hyatt Regency Savannah(Savannah)
US$215
US$209
  • Pool
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$198
Travelocity
1,965 results
All reviewscity marketgreat locationvalet parkinghistoric districtbay streetwithin walking distancevalet staffper daybalcony roomthe river walkvery nice hoteldefinitely stay here againcookiessouthern hospitalitytrip to savannahconciergehgi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I am not that picky of a traveler but this place sucked. Really. I would have rather stayed at a Super 8 Motel. My fiance is a VIP Diamond Hilton member so we stay in Hiltons everywhere we go. This place was a joke! I cannot believe Hilton allows their name on this hotel. To be fair, the staff was very nice, the location was good, the lobby was pretty, and the breakfast was delish. But the rooms! Ugh they were straight up dirty. There was a stain so big on the carpet that it looked like someone had been freshly shot. The carpet was so sticky it made you want to gag. There was no comforter on the bed, instead just this weird, ratty, tan blanket that had 4 holes in it! All of the furniture was scarred up like it was from a thrift store. There was a nice coffee area in the room and the bathroom wasn't so bad. We ended up changing rooms. The second one had a regular comforter and wasn't quite so ratty but it wasn't Hilton standards. Normally, I wouldn't be so hard on a place but they charged us an arm and a leg. It was soooo not worth it for the price. We ended up cancelling our reservation for the next day and went to Hilton Head for the night. We couldn't wait to leave. We left an expensive electric toothbrush in our room. After calling them twice and leaving messages, they finally returned our call and said they couldn't find it. I have left items at other hotels and the stuff was returned immediately. The whole expirence was just a big downer. Oh! I forgot about the parking! $25 a day. They don't even charge that much at exquisite 4 star hotels!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewYorker4247
StacySturgis, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2010

NewYorker4247,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to review our hotel. While I am glad you found our staff to be friendly and enjoyed our lobby and breakfast, I want to personally apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. Our guests' satisfaction is a priority for me and I am sorry you left us unhappy. Guests do not usually find our rooms in such a state and I plan to look into this with my housekeeping staff and managers. Hilton does hold us to a high standard and does visit us for quality assurance inspections, the last of which we passed with flying colors. We would love it if you would give us another chance to wow you should your travels bring you back to Savannah.

Reviewed 27 May 2010

We stayed at this location for four days in May for a brief vacation. I was very pleased with our stay. The staff were always friendly and accommodating, and the building was gorgeous. The concierge, Charlie, was outstanding. He was extremely knowledgeable about the area and all that there was to see and do. I work in the hospitality industry, and am always watching to see how others compare. This hotel staff was superb the whole way around. When we had one minor incident with the bathroom, maintenace was there within minutes to fix it for us. Thank you all for a wonderful time.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends

Monkey4u,

Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel!! I am so glad we met and exceeded your expectations! As members of the hospitality industry, we can be the most critical of our accommodations, so it is great to hear you were impressed and enjoyed your stay. Please visit again soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2010

We came to Savannah for Valentine's Day weekend and despite never having been here, we were told to stay in the Historic District and close to River Street. As soon as you enter the historic district, the hotel is a just few blocks away. We arrived early enough to where we couldn't check in, and opted to park our car in the lot directly next to the hotel rather than valet it, which saved us some money, and also made it convenient to use the car, as street parking is a hassle on a busy weekend.

The hotel is directly next to City Market, which has a cute European market feel and some great restaurants, bars, and shops within walking distance. And its a block away from River Street, so you're close enough to the action to walk home after club hopping, but far enough to where you can feel like you got a break from it all! Plus Bay Street has some excellent restaurants just walking distance from this hotel!

We had a smooth time checking in and were able to get some rest after all the time we spent walking around and take a rest before the rest of the day. The room was in great condition and spacious enough for more than two.

The only complaint we had about this stay was the fire alarm going off in the middle of the night and then briefly again a few hours later. No mention was made by the hotel staff of this inconvenience, though it was one of the coldest nights of the year, and guests were evacuated. That was probably the most noise we dealt with the whole trip, even with the college students partying next door.

All in all, it was a cozy stay for a first time visit and we would definitely recommend it for its charming appeal and central location! Having been a patron once, we will definitely go back for the reasonable pricing!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
StacySturgis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2010

oooromyooo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad that you had a great experience! I sincerely apologize for the fire alarm during the night. While I know it can be frustrating for our guests, we do take their safety very seriously and take every precaution necessary when situations arise. I hope you will come back soon and stay with us!

Reviewed 2 April 2010

Great location in front of the City Market. Balcony on one room overlooking the parking lot and pool but other room just had a window. Ask for balcony room. The room had small frig and microwave. Comfy beds but no free breakfast as Hampton Inn has. Nice staff but expensive parking, 17.00 a day. We went for two nights for St Patrick's day so parking is at a premium but found out later there was 10.00 parking behind the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
StacySturgis, Social Media Sales Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2010

flpab,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad you were happy with your rooms and the location of the hotel! I hope you will come back soon and stay with us.

Stacy Sturgis
Social Media Sales Manager

Reviewed 24 March 2010

This hotel is located on busy street (321 W Bay St.). Rooms are not sound proof; you will hear the vehicle noise all the time. I felt like sleeping in the street. Parking rates are very very very high for this small city. I will never ever stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Tom12327

Tom12327,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry you were less than satisfied with your stay. The noise from Bay Street does bother some of our guests. Most times if guests are bothered by the noise, our "Can Do" Attitude and the excellent location more than make up for it. Should your travels bring you back to Savannah, I would love it if you would give us another shot. You can request rooms on the back side of the hotel away from Bay Street or higher floors to lessen the noise. While we are not always able, we make every effort to accommodate all of our guests' requests.

Stacy Sturgis