My family stayed here during the week for one of his business trips. We have previously stayed at the Doubletree right next door so I already knew I loved the location. It is right by the city market and across the street from the riverfront rd.
Because of suggestions I'd read here, my husband asked which side they had our room on. They said the street side but assured him that 5 floors up would not be noisy at all. He pointed to his Diamond status (he has like 500000 points with hilton) and they immediately moved us to the back side. So thanks to everyone on Tripadvisor, we slept well.
The rooms were decent. It's not a brand new hotel. It's clean but the bathroom feels old, but hey, it's clean!
The breakfast is excellent and I have to say their chef was so nice. He was super friendly and would make you anything you asked for. In fact, every staff member we encountered was very friendly and helpful. I had to call the front desk at one point because the pool was out of towels, they had fresh ones there within minutes.
The only issue I had was this...the internet. Yes, they have wifi but I found it was only possible to connect if you came to the lobby. From the wireless networks within range, I am guessing they are trying to share with Doubletree next door. They have tried to remedy this with a lan cable in your room but I was only able to connect to that once! The other times it just said limited. So I think if you are going on a vacation this wouldn't be an issue...take your laptop down to the lobby every few days and check your email. But if you are working and need internet access, don't stay here.
It's a good hotel. I think Doubletree is better (of course, it's Hilton's higher value hotel) so I say if you can afford it, do doubletree, if you need to save some $$ HGI is just fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore historic downtown Savannah from Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District hotel, situated one block from River Street, City Market, and historic Broughton Street. Located just 20 minutes from Savannah International Airport, this hotel is within easy access of Savannah’s vibrant night life, shopping, dining, and entertainment options.Wake up to a delicious, full, cooked-to-order breakfast at Great American Grill® or sip on cool, evening drinks at this Savannah hotel’s inviting pub. Enjoy a fantastic selection of snack, treats, and microwavable meals in the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry® convenience store or feel invigorated with a revitalizing workout in the modern fitness center. Lounge in the outdoor pool or bathe in the warm, soothing whirlpool. Positioned near to a variety of businesses, this historic downtown Savannah hotel boasts five modern, versatile meeting rooms. Host a conference or special event for up to 120 guests and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Enjoy a comfortable, quiet space for work in the 24-hour Business Center and stay connected with complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Savannah Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Savannah