“Very nice B&B”

Ranked #10 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Takoma Park, Maryland
“Very nice B&B”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn is a very pleasant place to stay. It's located in the historic district within walking distance of many attractions--the Mercer House is just a few blocks away. My room was cozy and comfortable--very clean. Nothing fancy--but quite nice.

Breakfast was good--eggs, sausage, toast, choice of juice, and coffee. Again--not overly fancy, but tasty and filling. They also serve lemonade and tea in the afternoon.

The hosts were friendly and helpful with information. (There was a little mix-up with my key--when I checked in, I was given the key to the wrong room. I had left the room after napping, then when I returned the key I had opened a different room. For a while I didn't quite know what was going on--all my stuff was gone. Had I been more observant, I would have realized that I wasn't in my original room. At any rate--no harm done--I was given the correct key and all was well.)

There's also a computer guests are free to use--very handy.

To sum up--no complaints and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Go for the Manager's Special--a good deal.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Reviewed 8 June 2011

This b&b was ideally located within walking distance of beautiful squares, shops and restaurants. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The rooms are quaint and appropriate to the surroundings. The suites offer lovely ammenities such as a full kitchen, washer/dryer and outdoor patio nestled in natural vegatation. This was our second visit and certainly not our last.

• Stayed June 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 21 May 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this charming 1853 B&B. We found everyone of the staff very helpful, kind and ready to be of service in any way they could. We stayed in a carriage house room that was roomy, nicely decorated and very clean. The owners are convivial and occasionally would sit down with the guests to join them for breakfast sharing the history of Savannah and the B&B itself. The location is in the heart of the historic district on Chatham Square. They serve tea in the afternoon and cookies & milk for their guests to enjoy every evening.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2011

My wife and I stayed here in june, and we both loved the city, the locals, the guest house and the staff... and as for the breakfast - WOW!

Can't really say much more, but if you have a special someone that deserves a romantic break, i can't think of anywhere better!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Love the location as its near the Forsyth park.....far from the riverfront but that means you walk off what you ate........Front desk Joey and Pam are helpful however on our last day there was this old white lady Paula who seems to be reluctant in dealing with people.......people remember the last thing they experience......it leaves a bad taste to the mouth.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellerCB
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Stayed here two nights on the 'manager's special. Allocated to the library room, on the second floor. Don't stay here if you can't lift your suitcase, there are no lifts and the stairs are steep! The pillows are apparently new; they are thick and hard and gave me a cricked neck. Bring your own if you like soft, they don't provide a choice. Other people commented on the noise in this room, I didn't really hear any. But I am VERY glad we didn't get allocated a room on the patio/balcony - that would be very noisy.

The staff provide bakery in the afternoon and cookies before bed, which is nice. Breakfast was dull, muffin with bacon one morning and pancakes the next. OK but nothing to write home about.

Friendly helpful staff for sightseeing and restaurant queries, although my request for a different pilow was met with a shrug.

Great location near Forsyth Park.

• Stayed April 2011
Bloomingdale, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2011

We enjoyed our stay, but it certainly wasn’t ideal. We spent two nights here on a swing through the south. It was a pleasant stay for the price so I would certainly recommend it – but I would not recommend staying here with great expectations.
We were welcomed with tea and brownies which was a nice start [it was only served on our first day – it’s not provided on weekends]. Our host gave us some great advice on finding a place to eat considering we were going to be heading into town without a reservation.
The Inn is nicely located near Forsyth Park – an easy stroll down to the riverfront, but make sure you include the necessary time for the walks in your schedule.
Breakfast the next two days, while tasty and served with a smile, was uninspired. Scrambled eggs with a biscuit [bisquick?], and a slice of bacon; pancakes with a piece of sausage. We ended up sitting at a table for two so we were unable to enjoy the company of our fellow travelers, often a plus when staying at a B&B.
The room was a little disappointing – beautifully furnished, but it looked like it hadn’t been dusted in over a week [we were on the top floor and assumed management didn’t make the trip up there on a regular basis]. The only room service done in the room while we were there was emptying of the trash, no beds made, no linens folded, etc.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple