“"We had a great stay and will return if in Savannah"”

and 1 more site!
Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #9 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We traveled to Savannah for my MSN/Ed graduation and stayed from June 14th-19th at this B&B along with my parents. Our stay in the Connor House was awesome. The breakfast, snack time, and milk and cookies at night are an excellent deal which we enjoyed. Our house was clean and authentic to the area. In addition, being off the" beaten path" allowed us quieter nights. By walking 1 1/2 blocks we were able to catch the "Purple DOT" transportation and go to differnet areas and the river area free. One thing is we would like to see steps for the high beds (I'm only 5'1" tall) and the Connor patio updated.
The staff are excellent and caring. This was out 1st B&B and we'll do it again!

Room Tip: For people wishing a 5 star hotel this is not for you. For people wanting something differerent and...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed 7 July 2011

We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed it enough to return. The inn lies adjacent to one of Savannah's many squares, and in a quiet neighborhood two blocks from Forsyth Park. The location is away from the hubbub of the riverside, which is a good 15-20 minute walk away, and can feel like longer on one of Savannah's muggy afternoons! Our room was one of the 3rd floor rooms that have been talked about in previous reviews. Sure, its a pain to have to climb 3 sets of stairs to get to your room, but once you're there, you'll find the comfort of a parlor area and separate bedroom. (Treetop Suite) We found the 3 flights to be of only minor inconvenience. The stairs are narrow, and a bit crooked (to be expected in a historic home) but otherwise, should not be a deterrent to staying there. Breakfasts were hearty and tasty, and the chef and wait staff were very attentive. Afternoon tea, and cookies and milk in the evening, were nice touches, though we found that when what has been laid out for the guests is gone, its gone! The tea pitcher was empty and remained that way while we sat waiting for a staff member that never showed up to refill it! And, one of the days, we left our room at 9am and returned at 230pm but our room had still not been made up, so we had to leave again to allow the staff to service our room. In general though, we found the staff to be very courteous, attentive and friendly. Our stay overall was relaxing, pleasant and enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Crusha
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This was my first stay at a B&B. We reserved using "Manager's Choice" because it was the most affordable, and ended up with one of the deluxe suites, which was very impressive. It felt very much like staying with family. I believe each room had its own entrance from the outdoor courtyard, which made it easy to socialize or to be alone. The baker is fantastic; she made some wonderful dessert breads with sweet tea and lemonade in the afternoon, and cookies with milk in the evening. The breakfast we had was blueberry pancakes, which was perfect, and their coffee was plentiful and very good. Furthermore, we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go from the B&B, even though it wasn't in the busiest part of town. I highly recommend this B&B, because I wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Manager's Choice when not booking peak season
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My husband and I booked a room at the Savannah Bed & Breakfast and found that the main house was full so they put us in one of their other properties, The Connor House, located just across the square from the main Inn. Absolutely stunning! We had the entire 3 bedroom house all to ourselves and could still enjoy the breakfast and warm cookies over at the main property. The house was impecably decorated down to every last detail and it was so much fun just looking in every nook and cranny at all the interesting decor. The only drawback was that the house was so lovely we couldn't decide whether to just stay in or go out and explore Savannah (exploration won out in the end!). I would HIGHLY recommend this B & B for anyone due to the location, the staff, and the overall charm!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn was more than my husband and I had imagined - we used the manager's special rate when making our reservation (check the website for details) and believe me, this is a great deal! We didn't have to change rooms in our 2-night stay in the Library Room, where we had plenty of space, ample air conditioning, and lots of great National Geographic back issues to page through during our down times. The Inn's breakfasts were excellent and varied and I liked how they offered alternate choices and could accomodate my special request to have hot chocolate instead of coffee. We also took advantage of the evening milk & cookies each night - I thought we'd have to be one of the first in order to score a cookie but there were plenty for everyone, even late at night! One other excellent point to the Inn's service is that parking is included, and they even went above and beyond on that -- on the morning of our last day, the hotel clerk went out and fed the street meter where our car was so that we wouldn't have to purchase an extra parking pass for the whole day and so we woudn't get a ticket on our last morning. We would definitely choose the Inn on our next visit to this lovely town!

Room Tip: Manager's special to get a reduced rate!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn is a very pleasant place to stay. It's located in the historic district within walking distance of many attractions--the Mercer House is just a few blocks away. My room was cozy and comfortable--very clean. Nothing fancy--but quite nice.

Breakfast was good--eggs, sausage, toast, choice of juice, and coffee. Again--not overly fancy, but tasty and filling. They also serve lemonade and tea in the afternoon.

The hosts were friendly and helpful with information. (There was a little mix-up with my key--when I checked in, I was given the key to the wrong room. I had left the room after napping, then when I returned the key I had opened a different room. For a while I didn't quite know what was going on--all my stuff was gone. Had I been more observant, I would have realized that I wasn't in my original room. At any rate--no harm done--I was given the correct key and all was well.)

There's also a computer guests are free to use--very handy.

To sum up--no complaints and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Go for the Manager's Special--a good deal.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2011

This b&b was ideally located within walking distance of beautiful squares, shops and restaurants. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The rooms are quaint and appropriate to the surroundings. The suites offer lovely ammenities such as a full kitchen, washer/dryer and outdoor patio nestled in natural vegatation. This was our second visit and certainly not our last.

• Stayed: June 2011