Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn
US$141
US$186
US$180
  • Breakfast included
East Bay Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$198
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$231
US$220
US$214
  • Breakfast included
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$224
Travelocity
1,025 results
All reviewschatham squareb bcookies and milkforsyth parkjasper houseegyptian roomrow housesblue cottagelibrary roomjuliette suitehistoric districtparking metersfeed the metermain buildingstreet sweepingchef's specialsthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Just spent a very nice weekend here with my boyfriend. We stay in the Parlor room right on the main floor, which I was worried would be noisy but instead was quiet and rather convenient. The room was very cozy and it especially nice because the AC worked so well (Savannah is a very hot in August). The location was perfect, tucked away in the quiet residential area, but not a bad walk into the busier parts of the historic district.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. They booked a tour for us there without any hassle. I filled out the guest review sheet they provided us before we left and the owner personally emailed me after addressing each of points I wrote on the review. My only compliant was the street sweepers in the middle of the night, but that's not really the fault of the inn. All in all I would definitely recommend this place and would likely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blcono
Reviewed 9 August 2012

First of all, be advised that the $99 special advertised on the TripAdvisor website is actually $119 + tax, and the inn will not honor the $99 price (as I found out when I made a reservation on the phone).

My first half hour at the inn was quite frustrating, and unfortunately I never found much to like. I had booked my reservation using a BedandBreakfast.com gift certificate, and already given the gift certificate codes to the reception when I made my reservation. When we showed up the two front desk staff seemed flustered and unsure of how to use the gift certificate, and then made the mistake of charging the entire gift card amount when my bill only came to about half the gift card value. The staff then could not figure out how to give me a refund. This all resulted in me standing at the front desk for about half an hour. The staff got quite flustered and once or twice snapped at me, making me feel as if I was being a problem customer when I had never expressed any annoyance with them for the situation and was doing everything I could to be helpful. It took until the next morning for the situation to be resolved and me to get a refund. I understand that sometimes mistakes happen, but I was pretty shocked at the lack of basic customer service skills. Not once did anyone ever apologize to me and I did not feel treated courteously.

From there I just didn't find much to enjoy at the inn. We have a 6-month old baby and understandably had been asked to book in the back of the courtyard so the baby didn't disturb other guests (my husband's comment was "this must have been the servant's quarters"). But this meant that we had to carry all our luggage around the corner to the inn (given the parking situation, which is not ideal), up the stairs, through the main building, down a narrow set of metal stairs, and up a narrow set of metal stairs to our room. Not ideal when carrying lots of luggage, or a baby, in the pouring rain. The room was large but the bed was not comfortable (was a "king" made from two twins with the problem that you could feel the seam in the middle) and the room looked like it needed some TLC (window shades broken and wouldn't go up, pillow sham torn, sheets didn't match- surely they can afford nicer sheets?) There were lights outside which shone all night (through the blinds), leaving the room in a kind of twilight. Not a good night of sleep. The front desk staff forgot to give us a "welcome letter" on check-in so we had to call over to get the internet code (once again I felt like the front desk staff was sorely lacking in customer service and simply not courteous) but the internet never did work, seemed to be too slow to download a site. Very odd.

Breakfast was served promptly but was the sorriest poached egg I have ever seen-- cooked hard and rubbery on the bottom half, with the white still raw in spots on the top. Perhaps the least enjoyable B&B breakfast I've had over many stays in various places.

Would not stay here again-- surely there are better places in lovely Savannah??

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Bob_McAlister, Owner at Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

The Manager’s Choice is not always available and the rate changes depending upon the day of the week and the month. It is best to consult availability for specific dates online or contact our front desk who will be happy to tell you which days are available for $99. Currently we have $99 Manager’s Choice available till 09/18/2012 midweek and $159 at weekends. This increases to $119 for end of September and first half of October.

The Camelia room is not for everyone. We do have specific requests from guests who enjoy the seclusion of one of our converted carriage houses without paying for a Premium cottage. However, due to the two sets of stair access it is not suitable for all guests. We do endeavor to help guests with their luggage but this is not always possible during peak check in.

I am sorry you had to wait half an hour for your gift certificate refund and that the Internet was slow. As ever we shall endeavor to improve upon these points and thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

This was our 3rd stay at the Savannah Bed and Breakfast Inn. We love the location. Breakfast is only OK but all else is delightful. We enjoy the gardens and it is easy walking distance to squares and historical sites. We will come back again.

Room Tip: Traveling with a large group and need room? Ask for the Jasper House or Connor House.
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We recently stayed at the Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn and couldn't be more pleased with the inn and the service. The employees did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable -- from preparing a delicious breakfast to putting quarters in the parking meter! We stayed in the Blue Cottage which was located behind the main building. We had a sitting area downstairs and a bedroom and bath on the second floor. There is a nice courtyard in front of the cottage with tables and chairs.
If it is your first visit, I'd suggest letting one of the tour mobiles pick you up at the inn. You can ride around the city and get a good overview before striking out on your own.
Each afternoon at 4 PM there was a treat waiting in the dining room (delicious lemon bars one day) and at 8 PM each evening we received fresh baked cookies with milk!
We will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Let them know of any issues that you might have navigating steps in your room. Some rooms have a sitting area down and the bedroom up.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My daughter and I just spent two nights in the General Jackson suite, actually it was like an apt. It filled our bill perfectly with two beds(actually three), but we only needed two. We requested a room divided as I am a person who snores and other people have a hard time sleeping near me.Washer, Dryer, refridgerator, back entrance to courtyard connecting all 5 buildings. I was a little concerned about being locked in very safely while my daughter went for a jog, so next time will ask for two keys. No noise from pretty tree lined street and only two or so blocks from the must eat at....Mrs. Wilte retaurant in Savannah. I am hooked on B & B's and love to stay in them.