“Fabulous Stay!!”

Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #9 of 29 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I will start off by saying that I've never been to a b & b so have nothing to compare it to. That being said, we had an absolutely wonderful time. We enjoyed staying in the downtown historic district and being able to walk everywhere. I was traveling with my husband and my parents.
Our check in went smoothly. One other couple of right before us, so the lady took care of them while we went back to our vehicle to feed the meter (the inn pays for your parking). When she got pack she looked up our reservation and proceeded to check us in. She explained how the parking was taken care of and how breakfast worked. We could choose from 2 different menus for breakfast and pick the time we wanted to dine. People did not all dine at the same time and some chose to eat outside on the balcony so it was not at all crowded.
After we got settled, it was about 4 and they served squares and juice in the parlour. Very nice. We went out for a walk and later found a place to eat dinner. Later, around 8 freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and milk were served.
My husband and I had the Egyptian room which was really nice while my parents had the Parkview. These rooms overlook the street and are on the third floor. If you have any difficulty with stairs you want to be very careful choosing your room. In all, by the time we made it to our room we had climbed 47 stairs!! There is no elevator here.
For breakfast you had the choice of either an omelette with grits, toast, juice and coffee/tea. Or yogurt with fresh fruit, granola and toast. My father had the omelette, while my husband and I had the yogurt. As my mother wasn't feeling well she just ate toast. We all thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast.
The only con was that the internet wasn't working properly while we were there so it made it difficult to communicate with other family members but that could happen anywhere.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. The price was also much more reasonable than the other surrounding b & b's.

Room Tip: Main floor rooms where nosier with traffic in an out of the b & b and door opening and closing...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This Inn is located in a beautiful area of Savannah surrounded by squares and parks in every direction and the architecture in the neighborhood is reminiscent of what you would expect to see during a visit to Savannah.

I was the previous owner of a Boutique B&B Inn (8 rooms) and when we travel, we like to stay in B&Bs as they offer a unique experience from a hotel.

However, I would say that Savannah B&B Inn has got far too large to offer this experience. We assumed it was a smaller place but were told that the B&B now consists of 7 separate buildings, all in a row and they have a total of 30 rooms. This means that on a nightly basis, they are housing 60+ people. This for me is more indicative with a small hotel and the B&B experience is lost.

We arrived shortly before check-in at 3 p.m, at the same time as 4 other couples. The lady doing the check-ins was very nice but I believe the check-in process needs to be reviewed.

We waited 20 minutes to be checked in as another couple arrived shortly before us. They proceeded to ask a bunch of questions about what tours to go on, what to see and do in Savannah etc. The check-in lady patiently answered all their questions. This meant that if the same attention was given to every check-in, the 2 other couples behind us were possibly going to be waiting up to 1 hour or longer?

I am acutely aware that keeping other guests waiting is unfair and can lead to unhappy guests. Many people have travelled a long way and would rather just get in their rooms, relax a bit and then find out all the things to see and do when they are a bit more rested. In the event of a group of people waiting to be checked in, I would suggest that the check-in should be more streamlined to include registration, handing a map over with the location, explaining about breakfast and afternoon tea and showing guests to their room. Then, a suggestion about returning for more local information later would be an option?

As the Inn has so many guests, you have to fill out a form the night before with your room name and whether you would like the healthy choice (granola, yogurt, fruit) or the Chef’s special (in this case, eggs, sausage with gravy, biscuit and grits).

If you have any special dietary needs, you are to write them down so the chef can cater accordingly. One of us is vegetarian and the other gluten free. When it came to preparing the breakfast, my husband had scrambled eggs (must have been from 1 egg as the portion was so small with gluten free toast). The eggs were way overcooked.

Breakfast was chaos. 60 people having breakfast did nothing to create a calm relaxed atmosphere. It was a loud noisy dining room with a conveyer of people coming in every minute and the breakfasts were being churned out of the kitchen as quickly as possible.

You were shown where the breakfast buffet was and the choice was minimal and didn’t look appetizing. There was one choice of cereal, yogurt and a small piece of cake (already cut up and going dry). The tea and coffee were at the opposite end of the room and there was a line up for this.

My husband and I ended up going out somewhere else after breakfast as we were still hungry.

On a positive side, the room we had was clean and very pretty and just what we wanted from a Savannah experience. The décor was nicely done. The bed is probably the most comfortable we have ever slept in.

If I were to be asked if I could recommend this B&B, I would have to say, look around at other places first.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lisawhistler
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We came to your area for our 35th anniversary. We enjoyed Charleston but thoroughly loved Savannah. Your B&B helped in that. We loved staying in a historic setting that went along with the charm and history of your area. You were very helpful anytime we needed something in the way of directions, tours, and suggestions.

Room Tip: We chose the Jasmine as it was mid priced, didn't realize that it was easy to get to the room. F...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Parlor room was very spacious. Breakfast was very good both days. Cookies and milk at were really good. Although parking is on the street, never had a problem finding a space.

Only negative is steep stairs getting into the B&B. If you have large luggage very difficult.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night in Savannah and are very happy about our decision to stay at the Savannah B&B Inn. It's located right in the historic district (all attractions are within short walking distance), perfectly matches the district's historic southern style (it consists of a row of historic houses, which are connected by an inner courtyard), and provides everything you need for a comfy stay (very friendly and highly attentive staff, delicious home-made breakfast) in Savannah. I particularly would like to thank the lady at the guest desk for her very competent and helpful suggestions on how to get the best out of your stay (we had only very limited time).

1  Thank Joachim S
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Our experience at Savannah B&B was perfect! The inn was more than we could have ask for. We stayed in the "Holly" room. Absolutely perfect! We wanted a place that was away from the "nightlife" yet close to everything in the historic district. We found it!
The inn is in the Victorian district. My best friend and I did not use the car until the day we left. It is located just a few blocks from River Street... And might I say, the walk is one of a kind! With the small of jasmine permiating the air, the slight breeze and warm days, and each square with its historical significance truly made this trip fantastic!
The breakfast was awesome and the staff, southern charm and politeness at its best! Fresh chocolate chip cookies each evening.... Need I say more?
We will definitely visit Savannah B&B again... Hopefully sooner than later!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were only in Savannah for one night, so it was nice to be in the middle of the historic district. Breakfast was great (you got to choose one of two options), and the rooms were well-appointed. We stayed in the Egyptian room, which is not for anyone with trouble walking up/down stairs as it is at the top of a narrow staircase. Bed was VERY comfortable. Staff was very attentive, even paying for our parking meter!