“Charming B&B which surpassed our expectations!”

and 1 more site!
Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #9 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were so pleased when we arrived at the Savannah Bed and Breakfast Inn. It has the old world feel which make B&B's have such a relaxing ambiance. The staff was very polite and helpful when we checked in. The "Blue Cottage" unit was the zinger though! Dare I say "it's perfect"?!?!!?! It is two level, which is just unique and fun! Downstairs is the reading/sitting area with couch, chairs and coffee table as well as the kitchenette with everything you'd need for your stay. Up the charming staircase is the roomy bedroom with the four poster- bed and bath. The breakfast was fresh and delicious and served by lovely staff members. The afternoon tea and late night cookies are the cherries on top! The location is perfect! We will definitely be back --- and we highly reccommend a stay at Savannah B&B Inn. OH!! This just in--- did I mention the owner actually wrote us a PERSONAL email thanking us for our stay. They read the comment card we left in the room and thanked us for filling it out and referenced my one suggestion of adding conditioner to the bathroom offerings :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay very much. The staff was friendly and helpful; the breakfasts delicious. It had a charming, Old Savannah feeling. It was within easy walking distance to Trolley [Old Town} stop #5. We stayed in Tree Top, which was very spacious, but as an out-of-shape old woman I was out of breath by the time I reached the room. Overall, I highly recommend this property!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I know its a bit late but I was thinking our honeymoon and wanted to write how much we enjoyed our stay. The people were extremely nice and the facility was wonderful...definitely worth the money and experience!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bob_McAlister, Owner at Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

You are welcome and we are all delighted that you enjoyed such a memorable experience. It is not often that guests remember to leave a review a year later! We hope to see you both again on your anniversary!

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The Savannah Bed and Breakfast Inn is a great place to stay when you visit this historic city. The location is perfect, just 2 blocks from Forsyth Park and around the corner from the Mercer House. The breakfasts are delicious and are different each day, and being able to eat outside under the trees was a treat. The street the Inn is on is quiet, and is right across from one of the squares, Perfect for coming back to the room for a breather before dinner. The staff are amazing and ready to help with any questions or recommendations. We stayed in the Tree Top room, and it is very spacious, with 2 rooms and a mini kitchen. And the price for the height of the summer can't be beat. I would love to come back and try out the Sgt. Jasper House - who wouldn't want the chance to experience having an entire row house to yourself?

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Would I stay again is the question. There was no internet in the room even though the printed material which explained the sign- on information said that all rooms had internet. I loved the size of the "Juliette" which was actually the first floor of a row house. It provided a bedroom with two windows facing the street which was great except for the knowledge that homeowners who are actually living on this block often bar their windows. But the hotel does not offer the same provision for guests. And that was pretty much how the rest of the B&B seemed to be managed. There was a timed breakfast. I chose 7:30 AM, the first serving of the day. Although there was a disclaimer stating that breakfast could be delayed during busy times, I did not believe it would apply to the first serving of the day to the only two people who ordered a cooked breakfast. But, it did. After a 20 minute wait my husband and I received our barely warm scrambled tablespoon of eggs, the same portion of grits, and a small saucer of cut fresh fruit. OK, but the biscuits were still cooking and were not delivered until 10 minutes had passed, and though they were warm, they were still slightly doughy. Add to that the honey smeared on top making it a challenge to butter the biscuits without getting sticky. Lest I omit this fact, suffice it to say that the metallic wrapped butter pads had been used previously in a warm environment and were twisted and squeezed until they no longer were fresh looking rectangular pads. Day two's breakfast included cool, raggedy edged pancakes (delivered about 20 minutes after the scheduled time) that wouldn't melt butter, so the condition of the butter did not matter so much. There were at least four or five people working in the kitchen. They were laughing and joking with one another, but apparently not doing much planning. Another food related issue: Between 4 PM and 6 PM guests were invited to enjoy cake and iced tea. True, guests arriving at 4 PM could enjoy the amenity. But, guests arriving between 4:15 and 6 were out of luck as the treats were not replenished. Same was true of the 8 PM cookies and milk. Imagine one sheet of small cookies like the quick ones you cut from a grocery store roll of dough and about 20 guests angling to grab a few each. Not pleasant. I have enjoyed wine and brandy offered at other B&B's. Afternoon and evening canapes are definitely expected B&B fare. I've never seen guests being put into a position where they have to compete for the chance to get a share. As far as the Juliette suite goes- it was large and very nicely appointed. Bedding and furnishings were great. But, piles of books seemed to be the decorative element of nearly every flat surface. I like to put my stuff, cameras, phones, etc.down on the flat surfaces so would like to see a few piles of books (balance of review removed by Trip Advisor)...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough review. I am glad that you enjoyed the spaciousness of the Juliette Suite and the location of our historic inn. Thank you for your feedback about our breakfast, afternoon tea and wifi. I am sorry to read that you were disappointed in these complimentary services. Given the timed breakfast you should not have had to wait so long for your food and I apologize for your lengthy wait. We are currently reviewing our breakfast offering and interviewing for a new kitchen manager. I do hope you will revisit our inn on your next trip to Savannah for a more typical stay.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in the Red Cottage and fell in love with the place immediately. It was so clean and quiet, and beautifully decorated! The location of the B&B Inn is perfect; close enough to walk to just about everything, but nestled on a peaceful little street away from everything. Breakfast was great, and sitting out on the patio/porch made it even more enjoyable because the courtyard area is gorgeous with all the plants and trees. We had a very pleasant stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the milk and cookies were a special nightly treat. We hated to leave!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This B&B was the perfect place to stay when exploring the historic district of savannah. The staff is extremely sweet and helpful. My room was clean and I love how my room was decorated. I stayed in the Pulaski room. It is a value room but it was nice and cozy. The bathroom was a big. I read in another review that you could hear everything, which is true but that is the beauty of staying in an old preserve home. For breakfast eat outside because the patio area is beautiful.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo