“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Port St Lucie, FL
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2008

Great stay.. The room was clean and the beds very confortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. It's about 20 minutes to the historic district. The area had shopping, restaurants and many other hotels around. Would stay here again

• Liked — the comfortable beds, feather pillows, mini-fridge, microwave
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank worldseeker52

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Falmouth, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2008

I stayed here and really enjoyed the location. It was about 15 mins to a family members home in Wilmington Island. The staff was great and the room was real clean.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2003, travelled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2008

We just stayed here on the way to Florida from New york. It is conveniently located to restaurants, gas, shopping and right off I-95. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The free breakfast was o.k. too. It is a good stop for a family of 5 who needs to have a sleeper sofa in the room. It was a bit pricey though for a place just to stop and sleep, but we liked it.

• Liked — Comfortable Beds
  • Disliked — A Bit Pricey
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
Durham, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2008

I would highly recommend this hotel!

My husband and I traveled from NC to Savannah to celebrate our 16th anniversary. First of all the hotel was very clean, which means the most to us. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. It is within walking distance of many stores and restaurants. Just a few mins. from shopping malls and 20 mins. from downtown. The complimentary breakfast was above average with breakfast meats, eggs, toast, cereal, oatmeal and you can make your own waffles. The rooms were very spacious, very clean, with a wet bar, microwave, fridge, sofa, desk. There is also an indoor pool, exercise room and hot tub. We will definitely stay here again!

• Liked — Cleanliness, breakfast, location
  • Disliked — The very small table that sat in front of the sofa, it was awkward and too small. The bed kind of sunk in the middle, where you'd roll to the middle if you slept near the edge.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FURU
miami,fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2008

we loved this hotel, so close to savanah, with parking and breakfast included... the staff was friendly every time we aproached them, they delivered. used the laundry couple of times without trouble, even when it got crowded the staff was helpfull... we would recommended for sure....plenty of restaurants around, some within walking distance..

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank yesiknow
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2007

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida. The Check-in person was very "cold" and just not a nice person. We requested a crib for our baby and they brought it up and just dropped it on the floor for us to set up. Every other time, the staff was nice enough to set it up for us. Well, we went to set it up and of course it was broken.

As for our bed...I didn't get much sleep. The fitted sheet kept coming off the bed on the corners and I kept waking up having to refit the sheets onto the bed. Very annoying. I don't know if they were just cheap sheets or the wrong size or what.

Breakfast...what a disaster. They say they offer a hot breakfast. They do but they didn't keep up with it and they ended it early. There were eggs shaped like small pancakes but there were only a couple left. The bagels and small donuts were stale. After having a couple eggs and a stale donut, I decided to get some oatmeal for my wife and I about 15 minutes before breakfast ended. The staff had already removed the oatmeal and was cleaning up everything. Breakfast ended at 10 and I expect to be able to get breakfast until that time, not 9:45.

Checkout...Normally on the day of checkout you get a piece of paper slid under your door with rate information or instructions. Well, that didn't happen. When I went to the front desk to checkout, they didn't know I was checking out that day so it took some time for them to straighten everything out and get me on my way.

After getting into the car to leave, I realized I had left my cell phone in the room. I went ot the front desk for help getting back into the room but noone was at the desk. I stood there for 10 minutes waiting for someone but all I could hear was a bunch of laughing and carrying on way in a back room behind the front desk. They were having a good old goofing off. I ended up having to hunt down a cleaning person to let my into the room.

Overall a bad experience. At least it was only for one night.

• Liked — Extra sink in the room
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family