“Great hotel, and with $101 rate…even better.”

SpringHill Suites Savannah I-95 South
Ranked #61 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel, and with $101 rate…even better.”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Sort of a double room/suite at this property. Not a lot to say beyond "it's a Marriott" and they're always great. Seems relatively new. LOTS of other hotels, restaurants, gas stations etc. all around this place (within walking distance). It's about 1/10th of a mile off I-95.

One last thing…the breakfast was stellar. Like the Courtyards. An actual real breakfast, not just bread/baked type stuff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank rosco1e

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Owings Mills, MD
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Convenient location off I-95 south. Bradley, at the front desk, checked us in very efficiently, and suggested some nearby places to eat. The room was clean. On the other hand, the water pressure in the shower was comparatively weaker than at othet hotels we've used in the past. Also, ammenities such as shampoo, etc. we're smaller in size.

Lastly, the breakfast was both good & plentiful. The breakfast staff were attentive and courteous.

• Stayed January 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed at this place during Christmas week 2013 on our way to Florida. We just stop by and book a standard room. The frontdesk is very nice. The room is clean, with two queen-size beds and a sitting area that has a sleeping sofa. The bathroom is not big but good enough for us. The bed is ok, soft but we still have good sleeps thru the night. There are several places to eat around this hotel within walk-in distance. In the morning around 5:30am, someone came and knock the door twice. This woke me and kids up. When I opened the door there is no one. I guess it is some guests who made a mistake. Overall, a good place to stay which is next to I-95 on the trip to/from Florida. Will book it again next time.

Room Tip: Try to grab a coupon before this I-95 exist at gas station at the Savanah exist. The front desk hono...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Our room was very nice - enjoyable 'living room' seating area with large flat screen TV; small refrigerator and microwave; comfortable / firm mattress. Breakfast was delightful - made to order waffles, fruit, cereal, eggs, sausage, bagels, juice, coffee. Good value for the price - we would stop here again on our way South.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FrequentTraveler4446
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Staff was very polite and attentive, as well as they were able. If you need to use the business center for actual business use, bring your laptop...and your own printer if you need copies. I had some sensitive data, but instead of printing to a printer at the work station, the documents printed to the front desk, and I had to leave my station unattended so that I could go pick them up. These were sensitive documents and I watched while the the clerk thumbed through them before handing them to me. The units at the workstation have windows xp and the trial copy of Microsoft Home and Student 2007 had expired...even opening an item on a personal flash drive required the product key to edit, and of course, was not provided by the management. Also odd that a Marriott property had computers that were unprotected by an active antivirus program. The property has a new lobby, but the rooms are the same old same old. Not bad, but not great. My company has me here for ten days this month...

Room Tip: Select odd-numbered rooms to avoid facing the highway...they are much more quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Great value stay. The breakfasts which are included in the rate were superb for choice and the ladies looking after the buffet were excellent keeping it stocked and clean.

Front reception staff and all staff we met were so friendly.

The room was huge and comfortable.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seanpmoran
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Perhaps we were expecting too much based on past experiences at various Marriotts up and down the east coast and looking back I should have read the most recent reviews more closely as they weren't impressive. We found the staff helpful in dealing with some small but bothersome problems that shouldn't have been there. The first room we checked into, on the main floor, had a musty odor so we moved across the hall where there was a paint odor. Consequently we moved up to the second floor about 6 pm and heard lots of banging. It turns out that there was renovation upstairs and we were assured by the front desk, and also the workers that it would end shortly. We returned after dinner and there was still banging -- the front desk receptionist had to go upstairs once again and finally things quieted down. The beds were not especially comfortable -- seemed like an old and too soft mattress. We really liked the breakfast -- several extras compared to some of the other motels in that price range. The air conditioning was very strange -- set on the floor but blowing right onto our heads when in bed. Overall we wouldn't return given the many many choices in the Savannah area near route 95.

Room Tip: try a different motel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple