“Great suite for less than $100 !!”

SpringHill Suites Savannah I-95 South
Ranked #63 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“Great suite for less than $100 !!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Excellent service !! Hotel is 30 minutes from historic Savannah, it's worth a visit !!
Room was very clean. Toilet could have used a little extra scrub but bathroom in general was clean.
Small interior pool. It was Ok.
Large room !! We were impressed by the size/quality/price ratio.
Washer/Dryer : $1 each, Tide was free !
Excellent breakfast.

1 Thank Christian O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were traveling with the kids from Florida to NC and broke here for the evening. We stayed in a king suite and it was well appointed with attractive, comfortable bedding, pretty artwork, and lots of lighting. We liked having the dimmer over the bed so we could stay up for a while without keeping the kids awake. Most everything felt clean and crisp. The little ones slept on the sofa bed--there is a partial wall between the sitting area and the bedroom/bathroom area but no door so we didn't watch TV on the big screen once the kids were in bed. Free wi-fi is great and strong enough to stream video. Breakfast was continental style but with high quality foods and plenty to go around.

My only critique would be that, while it felt clean, it could probably use a deep clean. There were some minor stains on the sofa, hard water marks in the bathroom and the bottom of the tub seemed stained or maybe a little dirty. I am picky about cleanliness and would definitely stay here again, but if I was going to be nit-picky that would be my only real concern.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to a friend, and I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Second floor was pretty quiet. First floor smelled strongly of chlorine when we walked in, not sure...
2 Thank Jamie W
north carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

A little disappointed - we stay at a lot of hotels and after driving from Disney this our half way point to stop and rest. We choose this hotel because we stayed at the Fairfield on our way down and wasn't impressed. Hubby said springhills are better and nicer. I will give him that the hotel was nice but our service was way better at Fairfield ( the free breakfast was just horrible/- it was all eaten by 8:30-/ no coffee)
Our room at the springhill was bigger but dirty-- the ac was off so it was hot. I'm hoping they changed the sheets, but no clue if they did. There were stains on sheets and the little couch. The towels were still hung on the back door from last guest -- hair and mold in shower. The beds are more like full size and not as comfy as the fair fields.
Just not impressed at all. We haven't had breakfast yet, so I can't comment on that.
It is a busy night as they are booked so I'm sure it'll be a busy breakfast. We stayed at the courtyard in downtown savannah and just loved it! Won't stay here again

• Stayed July 2014
SHSI95, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We want to apologize for the issues you faced during your stay, and thank you for the comments. We strive to meet all guest needs and expectations. We are sorry that we did not meet these expectations during your stay.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family and I stayed there for one night on June 11th and really enjoyed the stay. The room was very clean and front desk staff were friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank O540JGAnna
Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is in a great safe location. We booked a handicap room with 2 queen beds and a king bed room for a 3 night stay on the 2nd floor. Check in was painless and quick.The room was very spacious and clean except for one of the refrigerators. The room doors slams really loudly only notice at night after 11pm. Parking is not ideal if you require a handicap park. I only notice in the front there is 2 designated handicap parks. The breakfast is great to get you started and on your day. But ...... the breakfast area is very cramp the waffle station (2 irons and batter) is rather close to the juice machine, utensils,napkins, coffee etc. It should be on the back wall out of the flow of visitors/travelers. Everything else was in reach. Overall stay was GREAT!

Room Tip: Queen beds are not true queen beds, more like fulls.
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Let me begin by saying we first booked at the Springhill Suites on Abercorn and what a disappointment. It was dirty and out dated. The bonus was a wonderful receptionist, named Chanise. We switched an d OMG... This is clean, fresh, updated and wonderful staff. The full breakfast was terrific with waffles, potatoes, sausage and more...yum. The rooms were clean, fresh, the beds slept great. The price was reasonable- although 10 miles from the center of town, but high mostly. My thoughts, Stay here and spend your money on other fun activities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ilovetopraise
Bradenton, FL
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Chose to stop here mainly because I have a Marriott rewards account and we were ready to stop driving for the night. Got checked in quickly and and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was. This is the kind of hotel we would choose to stay in if researching and planning ahead, so we considered ourselves pretty lucky to have chosen it randomly along the interstate. The only negative was ability to hear other people in hall constantly, but that may have just been due to our room being right by elevator. Overall an excellent experience, and I would definitely stop here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends