“Great hotel - loved everything about it - dont hesitate to stay here”

SpringHill Suites Savannah I-95 South
Ranked #57 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Roselle Park, New Jersey
“Great hotel - loved everything about it - dont hesitate to stay here”
Reviewed 2 September 2009

This was a great stopover. We loved the bigger room with high ceilings and the little extra seperate space for my daughter to sleep which had some sort of room divider for a bit of privacy. Beds were very comfortable. There was a nice small indoor pool area. There were many restaurants within walking distance but also about a few miles down there was a Logans Roadhouse & many other places to eat which i recommend. Breakfast in the morning was great there was make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, scrambled, cereals, muffins, etc........ The only thing i hated was that we were only here for part of a day and would love to come back some time to explore more of the area. We were going to stay here on the way back from Disney World also but decided last minute to drive much further going back home.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2009

This was my second stay on business travel...fast check in, clean rooms, clean food/breakfast area and nice staff. I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but both looked equally clean and nice. There are several places to eat within walking distance, including Cracker Barrel and an Applebees. There are business computers in the lobby, but I brought my own so can't comment on the speed of the connections. Always a pleasure to visit this hotel and I will be back.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank H8UofFL
caligirl74
Reviewed 13 May 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here as part of a weekend getaway to Savannah/Tybee Island. The lobby was very clean with modern decor. Our check-in was the quickest I have ever experienced, it was like they were just standing there waiting on us and knew who we were when we arrived!

Our room was on the first floor and it was very clean. The small living area had a sink with microwave, small fridge, and a desk. On the other side, there was a large king size bed and nice size vanity with seperate bathroom.

My only complaints would be that I did notice the toilet looked like it could have been wiped down a bit more.. but I always travel with my can of Lysol and I wipe down everything whether it looks spotless or not, so that was just a little gross ...it wasn't filthy.. just not spotless. Also, we had to ask for extra towels because we were only given one face towel and like 4 bathtowels. The cleaning staff promptly brought extras and were very apologetic. The sheets did pop off the corners of the beds sometimes.. but I sleep kind rough anyway so that could have been because of me. LOL!

We didn't eat the free breakfast because we chose to sleep in everyday, however, there were plenty of restaurants to choose from within walking distance. The hotel is only about 15-20 min from the Historic District and about 30-40 min from Tybee Island.

On our last morning there, we had our check-out receipt slid under our door. Checking out was just as fast and easy as checking in.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here. It was really just a place to sleep since we were really into exploring the city, however, each evening when we came back to our room, it was a delight. Very cozy and comfy. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caligal74
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed 26 April 2009

Stayed here Friday and Saturday night.
The good:
-Beds are incredibly comfortable, almost feels like the mattresses are made of memory foam
-Rooms are comfortable with a small living area and sink, good size refrigerator, and microwave
-Room is overall very clean and in good order, looks nice too
-Breakfast buffet was good with waffles, eggs, sausage, breads, etc etc. Cracker Barrel and Shoneys are next door if you want other options
-Staff and cleaning service were very friendly and helpful
-Conveniently located to I-95 and all sights in Savannah
-Small store at front desk sells beer and ice cream:)

The bad:
-The toilet in my room had not been cleaned properly, borderline disgusting upon arrival
-Obviously a very popular hotel for families with children, kids running around constantly, not your romantic getaway
-The elevator was ridiculously slow and I ended up using the stairs more often than not(stairs are at the extreme ends of the building)
-The jacuzzi heater did not work as well as the pool heater. Too cold to enjoy even in April in Ga. Also strong chlorine smell, would recommend modifying pool room with windows you can open.
-The freezer in my refrigerator had obviously not been thawed in a long time
-Alarm clock in room was beat up, iPod jack would be nice touch
-No on demand service with room TV
-No DVD player in room
-No wireless internet service but free internet in room with Cat 5 connection

Stay was nice overall. I would definitely recommend this stop for a good nights sleep on your I-95 travels. Great location and lives up to the Marriott standard for their economy hotels.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jna88
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed 26 April 2009

Very nice hotel to stay at if your are traveling down I-95 and need a "pit stop: on your trip. It is close to I-95 and seems fairly new. Staff was friendly at check-in and hotel seems to be well kept. Clean and very large rooms with a real high ceiling. Nice pool and tub area. Close to a couple of restaurants. We tried Houlihan's next door and service and food were great... We would stay there again no questions...

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J9257
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 21 April 2009

This is by far the nicest hotel on I-95. We stayed 1 night on our way to Florida. The hotel is new and very clean. I had the fastest check in ever. There is a nice size indoor pool and hot tub. Only complaint was that the hot tub wasn't. Regular continental breakfast. Very crowded but enough food for everyone.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
ATLANTA
Reviewed 2 March 2009

This is one of the nicest hotels in the I-95 / 204 corridor. I don't understand why it is not rated higher than "21". It is much nicer than the Fairfield or Relax Inn which are rated higher. The location is excellent for travelers, right off I-95. There is a large selection of restaurants in the area. Besides the usual fast food restaurants there is a Cracker Barrel, Applebee's, Houlihan's, Ruby Tuesdays, and a Perkins.

The apperance of this hotel is outstanding, very modern, comfortable and clean. This is my first time staying at this property and I am starting my second week. The staff has been wonderful, very friendly and attentive. They really know how to make you feel special and that your business is appreciated. The rooms are well appointed and include a microwave and refridgerator. The room is nicely divided with sitting, work desk, and bed area. The bathroom is spacious and pleasantly decorated. The bed certainly meets the normal Marriott standard of comfort. The breakfast has been above average. The only complaint is the water pressure is a little low, but I'm not sure this is a problem the hotel can control. It could be a county problem.

On one day of my visit I was in the lobby working on the computer. The staff started bringing in food and setting it up buffet style. Apparently, it was staff appreciation day for the hotel employees. As they were getting there food and sitting, the general manager came by and invited me to help myself to the food. I thanked him, but was reluctant to intrude on their gathering. After several more minutes the manager stopped by again and stated there was plenty of food and please help myself. After sitting there and smelling the good smells I could no longer resist and helped myself to a plate. The food was delicious. I was impressed how the staff went above and beyond by welcoming me into their group. There were other times when the staff provided above average service, but I won't bore you with all of the details. Needless to say, I highly recommend the SpringHill Suites I-95 South if you are needing a place to stay In Savannah. I will definately stay again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business