“Many stays, Nice hotel, good value”

SpringHill Suites Savannah I-95 South
Ranked #62 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Tennessee
“Many stays, Nice hotel, good value”
Reviewed 18 July 2010

An many have stated, we typically stay here on our way to Florida and when we visit friends in Savannah, Ga.. It's easy to remember its location since it is at exit 94 on I-95 and very convenient to the interstate, nice restaurants, and fuel centers.

Summary: Very comfortable, secure feeling, spacious, clean, and convenient hotel offering everything needed (other than concierge, valet, and bellhop) for a rejuvenating night or a lengthy stay.

Welcome
The hotel welcomes you with a covered drive and carts for your luggage. We've always found the front staff to be friendly, informative, and glad to help with questions and hotel services. (There are no Bellhops)

All room access is internally with access via the main entrance and two ground floor doors at each end of the hotel. These doors must have a room key to open so open entrance is restricted to front desk area. This provides a more secure environment.

Room
One reviewer mentioned the beds were hard. This hotel uses memory foam mattresses that are wonderful but I would have to caution that those wanting a firm bed may be slightly disappointed. My viewpoint is the beds are supportive but conforming. As a matter of fact, we liked the beds so much we found out who the manufacturer is and bought one.

The room offers a small living room with a couch, chair, adequate desk and free internet access. It also has a small kitchen area with a sink, coffee pot, dishes, and a refrigerator that works well enough you can freeze ice packs. This is good if you have medications requiring them to be kept cold. The television is on a swivel so it can be viewed from either the living room or the bedroom area. The air conditioner works really well and that is a blessing in the south's heat and humidity.

I read one review where they complained there were only thin drapes that would not block light from the room. We have never found this to be the case. However, we have found the thick curtains that you pull to block the light, etc., to be shoved way back and therefore not easily, readily found. Perhaps the reviewer didn't notice them or perhaps their room had a deficiency. We have never encountered this problem at this hotel

The bathroom is spacious and the vanity area is separate from the tub and toilet. This provides privacy while others can be styling their hair and applying their makeup.

Amenities
I agree the pool is small but I have never observed the crowding as it rarely seems to be used. For this reason, although small, I think the pool could possibly provide a nice, relaxing swim after a long day of travel.

The hotel provides a coin operated laundry facility. I think the cost is about $1 to $1.25 per wash. I don't recall dryer cost. However, if you ask nicely they may provide complimentary, individual, boxes of Tide laundry detergent.

The breakfast area is nice in appearance and the food is selection and quality is good. There are a variety of cereals, oatmeal (with trimmings such as raisins, nuts, etc), breads, waffle making machine, coffee, apple juice, orange juice, milk, various fruits, etc. You get the point... Not a full menu but enough to satisfy the morning hunger and hit the road without spending a lot of time just having breakfast.

If you want great seafood, just across the interstate from the hotel is the Shellhouse. Yummy!! If steak is on you mind, Houlihan's right next door smells great. We've not ate there but the aroma will make you hungry even if you've just ate. Of course, if you don't want the continental breakfast at the hotel, Cracker Barrel is a walk away.

If you can get this hotel for less than $120/nt, take it. I think you'll like it.

Room 112 was our last stay.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Maryland
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We always stay here when traveling to Orlando each summer. Rooms are always clean, free breakfast in the morning. Rooms have a small fridge, and make for a very easy in- out stay when traveling. They offer a very nice breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles etc… Small but nice indoor pool. Beds are very comfortable. If you are arriving late on a Sunday night make sure you eat dinner before arriving. Everything and I mean everything closes at 10 PM. The Fast food chain Sonic in the only place to get something to eat after 10:30 PM. They closed at 11 PM.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 June 2010

My family and I stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend. There were 5 of us and there was more than enough room for us in a double queen suite. The hotel itself was rather nice, offering a free breakfast that was just what I needed. The hotel staff was friendly and on point with our requests for more towels, etc. The only thing I saw that could be improved upon was the old T.V. that sat on a stand in between the bedroom and the living room...it would have been nice to have a flat screen on the wall so that everyone could see the TV from all angles. But that is just a minor adjustment recommendation. I think that for the money, this hotel is pretty high up there on my list. It sits right off the highway, has plenty of restaurants and shopping near by and it is in very good shape.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 April 2010

We stayed here because we wanted to spend one evening in Savannah while driving home from Key West. From the time we checked in, I was pretty sceptical about this place. The girls at the desk seemed frazzled. One of them started complaining about another customer in front of us. When we went upstairs to our room, the air condidtioning was broken, and it took a few phone calls to get them to agree to find us a different room instead of waiting for someone to come "look at the unit." The beds aren't very comfortable (unlike the beds at an actual marriot, which I always think are good). The rooms are sort of weird - the tv is kind of squished inbetween the bedroom and the living room, so you can't really see them from either room. It is only about a 10 minute drive from downtown, so it is a lot more affordable. If we return to savannah, we will definitely spend more to stay downtown someplace better/nicer. Breakfast was fine, with lots of options, but very crowded and had Fox news blasting - not awesome.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
PA
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We were driving down to Florida and needed a hotel to stay over. We are a family of five and now that the kids are bigger we need a room that will accommodate us. We have stayed at SpringHill Suites before and have always liked them. There is a SpringHill Suites up 95 closer to the airport, but that was an extra $30 a night, so we thought we would go with this one.
This is conveniently located off the interstate. There are a number of restaurants (fast & sit down) in this area.
Everything about this hotel was nice. I couldn't believe how tall the ceilings are in the rooms. All the rooms are modern and the beds are very comfy. The kids enjoyed the pool and I was enjoying the beer that is for sale in the food area. Breakfast was nice, but it was over pretty early.
We were hoping to stay here on the way home, but we did not make a reservation since we weren't sure of the date. We lucked out because there were no rooms available and we had to go to another hotel in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Virginia, USA
Reviewed 8 March 2010

At first impression, great place. Lobby modern, sparkling clean and you will definitely be greeted by some of the nicest employees at any hotel around. They are happily smiling, friendly and offer helpful suggestions on the area. It is when you get to the actual room you are disappointed – that’s where the compliments stop. Don’t get me wrong, it is clean – except for the pull out sleeper bed – even my 12 yr old son was a little grossed out.
The king bed looks inviting but it is the hardest bed we have ever encountered and the pillows were the softest (even if you fold them over). We could have probably dealt with all that but when we turned out the lights for the night, our room was still lit up like it was day time. So we went to close curtains that are not there. It is 2 pair of shear drapes - shear upon shear - that do not block any of the lights from the parking lot or the road signs. Then comes the pitaful shower head in the bathroom that is the size of a silver dollar.
The pool was acceptable, workout room is a joke but the free breakfast was adequate. They have very good choices along with the morning paper and again, the nicest people. So it is hard to get mad over things they really have no control over – let’s face it, hotel desk clerks do not decide what curtains, mattresses, etc go into the corp chain of hotels.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Glen Allen, VA.
Reviewed 5 March 2010

Last time we came through this area we stayed at the Hampton Inn and were very happy. They were sold out this time, so we booked this hotel and got it for $10 less and it really outshines the Hampton Inn! Beautifully decorated, very comfortable and clean, and they even had freshly baked and still warm cookies at the front desk for us upon checkin. The hotel has a pool and a hottub, and a free deluxe continental breakfast-what more could you ask for? Very conveniently located off 95, I would reccommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple