“Sub-par service for big price”
Review of Poseidon Spa

Poseidon Spa
Ranked #10 of 36 Spas & Wellness in Savannah
Reviewed 26 March 2010

Scheduled a mani-pedi as a guest of the hotel. No herbal tea; no tea period. Not offered
a magazine. Tiny selection of enamel colors. Bare minimum service; no hot towel. Grating music. They add 22% gratuity so for $117 for a regular pedi and french mani I have to say it was the worst overall experience, but for a "spa", it was just ridiculous.

1  Thank f00lme0nce

Reviewed 6 June 2008

Poseidon Spa pampers the body and soul. A heavenly experience. I had the 50 minute Swedish Massage and the Lavender Bliss Pedicure. It was worth every bit of the cost!

2  Thank DJParrish
Reviewed 3 April 2007

I really had high hopes for the Poseidon Spa. Going to the spa with my wife is one of the staples of our trips and we usually come away feeling like it was time and money well spent. Sadly, I can’t say that about this Spa.

The Poseidon Spa is in the basement of the Mansion on Forsyth Park. This was very convenient as we were staying at that particular hotel. I didn’t mind that the spa was very dark, but as my wife put it “dark isn’t ambience”. I thought it helped get you into a mode to relax, but she did not.

Since we were both getting massages, we had to fill out paperwork disclosing any injuries etc. The woman at the front desk was very nice and helpful. She may have been the highlight of the spa.

The locker rooms are behind the nail/hair salon. The rooms are big and clean. The robes and slippers were not either. The robe was way too small for me – I’m not a huge guy but I shouldn’t worry about inadvertently flashing someone because the bottom of the robe is not long enough to properly cover a person. The arms did not reach my wrist – they barely covered my elbow. In addition, it was tight to close and not soft at all. When I asked about getting a larger one, I was told this was the largest robe they had. The slippers were not big enough either – I was given the largest they have and my heel was hanging over the back of the slipper by about an inch.

The seating area was ok – they had a fruit and nuts platter and some water. The seats were not very comfortable and did not set the tone to get a person into a relaxing state.

The masseuse was average. While she did ask if there were focus areas, she either didn’t remember or decided to skimp on them. During the massage, she really didn’t ask about how the massage was going. I thought this was a universal question – but I guess not. While she was strong enough for my tastes, the massage was not great. She just spent too much time in some places and not enough “working out” the knots in others.

When we were finished we were led to the same seating area – not comfortable enough to want to stay for more than just a few minutes. This really detracted from the massage – it is nice to wind down and take your time before getting dressed.

The locker area’s shower was nice but did take a few minutes before the water got warm. The locker room did have a wide variety of toiletries available which was nice.

The cost was somewhat higher than I pay for a massage in the Washington, DC area – and the quality was lower than what I get at home. I don’t think the value is there for this service, I would advise skipping this Spa.

6  Thank Haymarket_Sooner
Reviewed 16 February 2007

See my review in the Mansion on Forsyth Park Hotel.

The spa is just okay. The locker room and waiting room and amenities are not as plush as most spas.

The service was great, the experience was not.

3  Thank VaBelle35