-The bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept in ever. I remember thinking once that the bed at the Marriott (much more expensive!) in Charlotte, NC was divine, but I liked this one even better, especially the pillows! In fact, upon leaving we asked where they got the pillows and what kind they were and bought some like them or very similar.
It was clean and tidy, old but trendy, small. PTAC units in the rooms are old, but many things have been more recently remodeled.
Walking distance to historic Savannah.
Moonpies on your pillow, but we were there at Valentine's Day, so we had Valentine's candy! Great memorabilia in their gift shop, maybe a bit overpriced but cute. Does an excellent job of conveying the Vegas roadside motel kind of experience.
The staff is VERY friendly. Krispy Kreme for breakfast in the breakfast area by the front desk.
I loved it, and I will stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah