“Good for the price.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good for the price.”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

1. Very good place for women traveling alone.
2. Good price.
3. Comfortable bed.
4. Excelent location: In front of the Greyhound bus station.
5. Nice people in the front desk.
6. Fast Check-In.
7. Good parking lot.
8. Nice retro ambient.
9. Nice breakfast included (donuts, juice and coffee).
10. Nice staff.

1. Bad wi-fi conexion. Was imposible to check my e-mail.
2. I asked for a clean room because of my allergies and the sheets were dusty (I did not stop sneezing) and the same happend with the coffee pot, very dusty.
3. The bathroom was not very clean.
4. The telephone room was out of order.
5. Very noisy outside, you need earplugs to sleep.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the second floor, mine was downstairs and I could hear the people talking and laugh...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sussie60898
tbirdmanager, General Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Tbird. I am sorry we missed the mark on some of the issues. The dust is unacceptable! I will speak to my team and the inspector to get this improved more consistently.

As for the WiFi, it was struck by lightening in all of the bad thunderstorms we've had. The new box is on order. I am sorry it was an issue for you.

I hope you will try us again to see this issue you pointed out have been improved upon.

regards,

Mark Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Reviewed 11 August 2012

After reading the excellent reviews on here, we were super excited for our visit. Sure, the staff is very friendly and helpful when it comes to advising places to visit. They even were kind enough to extend our check out until noon since we were arriving in the middle of the night. However, the room was rundown - the ac unit had a funky smell, the bathroom looked as if the mildew had taken an extended stay, the shower knob was busted, their quirky signature soaps (permanent pumps in the shower) had something floating in the bottles. The worst part was that after arriving in the middle of the night and anxious to get a decent night's sleep, we were rudely awakened around 8:00 am to the boisterous yelling conversation of the house keepers that never let up. We left feeling exhausted. We paid $99 for the night, but the value was closer to a room that should have been $60. It was nice to be comped $10, but that didn't cut it for us. We don't reccomend this hotel at all. Last piece of advice for management, please don't roll up the rubber bath mat with the towels - GROSS!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank TravelinMackd
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am terribly sorry that we did such a poor job living up to the expectations set on TripAdvisor. I can assure you, the reviews tell the story and your experience is a rare one!

I will use this review to reinforce careful cleaning and inspection along with curtesy from my staff. Please feel free to reach out to me mark@thethunderbirdinn.com

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This is a great place to stay in Savannah! The price is great, the staff is awesome and the rooms are quite comfortable. The location is within walking distance to all the area attractions. Even though we weren't traveling with a dog, the hotel is very pet friendly. We were traveling with our 18 month old baby and were concerned that there might not be enough room in the standard King size room to accommodate the pack-n-play. But, it fit great! We would definitely recommend staying here.

1 Thank Raegan P
tbirdmanager, General Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Thank you for staying with us! The king rooms are nice and spacious. I am pleased you had a nice time!

regards,

Lynchburg
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while I was in the process of packing my local home to move 500 miles away, and was waiting for the moving van to load.
I LOVED the THUNDERBIRD INN! So fun, funky, clean. Beds were comfortable, staff was friendly. I wish there were a few more things to choose from for breakfast than just donuts (my thighs ask for this mostly), but, overall, I had the best time!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Cindy T
Cindy,

Love the title! We love to raise the funk factor!!! I hope you will keep up with us on Facebook! I appriciate you staying with us!

Inn Keeper
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The T Bird is a great place to stay , its not The Hilton or the Marriott but... its very well priced. The little retro hotel kept to the retro feel!!! Instead of a mint on our pillow We received a RC cola in our ice bucket and a moon pie on our pillow!!!! Very very close to everything!!! walking distance from downtown and very close to River street. I will stay again!!! The house keeping lady was awesome. I wish there was a DVD player in the room but.... oh well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind review! We try to do cool little things to set us apart from the box hotels... like the MoonPie on your pillow!

I hope you will come see us again!

Melbourne, Florida, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Really enjoyed stay at Thunderbird..the staff was EXTREMELY HELPFUL and FRIENDLY...the rooms were spacious, well kept, and bed very comfortable...also pet friendly--- its also very close to Welcome Center where the trolleys are located--- highly recommend

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Glad you loved your stay! Our location is pretty fantastic for trolleys and quick access to the welcome center! I hope you will come back and see us again!

Seabrook, Texas, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We were in Savannah for our son to visit and tour the campus of SCAD. We loved the retro feel of the Thunderbird Inn. Shana, in the front office became a great friend. She advised us on the fabulous restaurants; ones the locals return to, the great tours the city offers and movie theaters and times. She even printed our mapquest directions for our trip home! We kept our car parked for free and walked all over the city. We were traveling with 2 boys, one 16 and one 19. They were tweeting on their phones about how "cool" it was at the Thunderbird Inn! It is always great news when the teenagers are impressed!! We will be back to stay again. I recommend it as a place to meet your needs that is very fresh and clean. The room smelled very clean every day. I am always concerned about safety and I was not concerned while staying at the T-Bird Inn!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
If we can please the teens we are doing something right!!!! I am glad you had a great time with us. I hope we will be your home when you come to visit your student at SCAD!