“Great find!”

The Thunderbird Inn
Ranked #34 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My friend and I stayed here for one night during a week-long road trip. Great price, GREAT staff, great room, great location, GREAT FIND! No pets in our party, but that did not matter one bit. Room was comfy and cozy - not rundown in the least. And we definitely appreciated those donuts in the morning - ha! :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah B
tbirdmanager, General Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Sara,

Thank you for the note! Glad you loved it here. I hope you will stop by again! Gotta love those Krispy Kreme Doughnuts!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

My two daughters and I drove from Massachusetts (with our dog) to visit Savannah for a history/ghost tour. We were so happy to have discovered the Thunderbird! When we arrived, after two long days of driving, the room was nice and cool and spotless. The dog was thrilled to have a big comfy bed and treats waiting for him! The staff arranged tour and dinner reservations, and the retro feel was the icing on the cake (or should I say on the Krispy Kreme Donut). The coffee was real (not dark water), and again can't say enough about the staff!!
The rooms come complete with fridge, and great bath products. Only regret: we couldn't stay longer...but we will be back!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Glad to hear you had a nice time with us! Did you pooch get to use the pet run? It is awesome the staff took good care of you. Thank you for taking the time for the wonderful words!

Reviewed 11 August 2012

1. Very good place for women traveling alone.
2. Good price.
3. Comfortable bed.
4. Excelent location: In front of the Greyhound bus station.
5. Nice people in the front desk.
6. Fast Check-In.
7. Good parking lot.
8. Nice retro ambient.
9. Nice breakfast included (donuts, juice and coffee).
10. Nice staff.

1. Bad wi-fi conexion. Was imposible to check my e-mail.
2. I asked for a clean room because of my allergies and the sheets were dusty (I did not stop sneezing) and the same happend with the coffee pot, very dusty.
3. The bathroom was not very clean.
4. The telephone room was out of order.
5. Very noisy outside, you need earplugs to sleep.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the second floor, mine was downstairs and I could hear the people talking and laugh...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sussie60898

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Tbird. I am sorry we missed the mark on some of the issues. The dust is unacceptable! I will speak to my team and the inspector to get this improved more consistently.

As for the WiFi, it was struck by lightening in all of the bad thunderstorms we've had. The new box is on order. I am sorry it was an issue for you.

I hope you will try us again to see this issue you pointed out have been improved upon.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

After reading the excellent reviews on here, we were super excited for our visit. Sure, the staff is very friendly and helpful when it comes to advising places to visit. They even were kind enough to extend our check out until noon since we were arriving in the middle of the night. However, the room was rundown - the ac unit had a funky smell, the bathroom looked as if the mildew had taken an extended stay, the shower knob was busted, their quirky signature soaps (permanent pumps in the shower) had something floating in the bottles. The worst part was that after arriving in the middle of the night and anxious to get a decent night's sleep, we were rudely awakened around 8:00 am to the boisterous yelling conversation of the house keepers that never let up. We left feeling exhausted. We paid $99 for the night, but the value was closer to a room that should have been $60. It was nice to be comped $10, but that didn't cut it for us. We don't reccomend this hotel at all. Last piece of advice for management, please don't roll up the rubber bath mat with the towels - GROSS!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank TravelinMackd

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am terribly sorry that we did such a poor job living up to the expectations set on TripAdvisor. I can assure you, the reviews tell the story and your experience is a rare one!

I will use this review to reinforce careful cleaning and inspection along with curtesy from my staff. Please feel free to reach out to me mark@thethunderbirdinn.com

Reviewed 11 August 2012

This is a great place to stay in Savannah! The price is great, the staff is awesome and the rooms are quite comfortable. The location is within walking distance to all the area attractions. Even though we weren't traveling with a dog, the hotel is very pet friendly. We were traveling with our 18 month old baby and were concerned that there might not be enough room in the standard King size room to accommodate the pack-n-play. But, it fit great! We would definitely recommend staying here.

1  Thank Raegan P
tbirdmanager, General Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you for staying with us! The king rooms are nice and spacious. I am pleased you had a nice time!

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while I was in the process of packing my local home to move 500 miles away, and was waiting for the moving van to load.
I LOVED the THUNDERBIRD INN! So fun, funky, clean. Beds were comfortable, staff was friendly. I wish there were a few more things to choose from for breakfast than just donuts (my thighs ask for this mostly), but, overall, I had the best time!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Cindy T

Cindy,

Love the title! We love to raise the funk factor!!! I hope you will keep up with us on Facebook! I appriciate you staying with us!

Inn Keeper

Reviewed 10 August 2012

The T Bird is a great place to stay , its not The Hilton or the Marriott but... its very well priced. The little retro hotel kept to the retro feel!!! Instead of a mint on our pillow We received a RC cola in our ice bucket and a moon pie on our pillow!!!! Very very close to everything!!! walking distance from downtown and very close to River street. I will stay again!!! The house keeping lady was awesome. I wish there was a DVD player in the room but.... oh well.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for the kind review! We try to do cool little things to set us apart from the box hotels... like the MoonPie on your pillow!

I hope you will come see us again!