Facility-wise, this is a very average motel. Staff puts it above average.
PROS--Good price, comfortable bed, clean, friendly & helpful staff.
CONS--Carry the "green" theme to the point of inconvenience. Had to take lampshades off to read in the room; flow restrictor on shower brought flow down to a trickle; Sorry, but I prefer disposable cups in a public place for sanitary reasons. Sparcely furnished--had to pull desk chair over to the bed since there was only a nightstand on one side of the bed. Sign indicated it opened in 1964 and I would bet a lot of the furniture is original. Place is starting to need some TLC.
END RESULT--Would not stay here again. Prefer to pay a little more for a few more amenties.
BY THE WAY--Parking is not free as this website indicates. However it is mere $5/day which is more than reasonable in Savannah this close to the historic district
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah