“Loved it”

GreenLeadersGold level
Manteo, North Carolina
“Loved it”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This place has everything you want and need when visiting to sav. From the moment we walked in we were welcomed by the staff , instantly got a room for a great price, and Tracy from the front desk was extramly helpful and answered all my questions. 5 stars in my book

Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Bundaberg, Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have always wanted to have a retro inn hotel experience in the USA. I booked this hotel online for this very reason, and stayed 3 days there. The staff members were all polite,friendly and welcoming. Two staff members went above and beyond, in making sure that we had an awesome experience(helping with booking tours, and much more during our short stay there.) Will definitely stay retro again, and definitely at this place(hopefully for longer next time.) The manager and assistant manager were very helpful and even helped me to find my camera charger!(the manager)
Two very far from home Australians are still raving about this place, 5 months later...and wish all the staff the best, as they made us feel extremely welcome :D

Room Tip: There is a room that is close to noise, when we asked to be moved, they were very accommodating, and...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Wewahitchka, Florida, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at the thunderbird during our honeymoon in Savannah. Very cute room and friendly staff. The bed was ridiculously comfortable. Wifi was spotty but who cares when you're within walking distance to historic downtown savannah. Will return!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I just got back to NC after traveling to Savannah for my 9 year olds gymnastics meet and had a very unfortunate experience at the Thunderbird Hotel. I traveled 6 hours, had 15 minutes to check in and walk to the meet and was greeted by "we overbooked and you don't have a room." I was also told I did not have a reservation, which I had the email confirmation WITH me. I was told I didn't put down a deposit yet they had my credit card number. I was told they tried to call me all day to let me know, well, I was TRAVELING all day, hence the hotel reservation. The girl at the desk was VERY disrespectful, was not apologetic or sympathetic and even had the nerve to call me irate and threaten to ask me to leave when I was only upset and needing a quick fix to the problem, which they SHOULD have figured out already. There was NO manager on duty and the rude "financial manager" I talked on the phone just kept reiterating "mam, I tried to call you the last 5 hours." I WAS DRIVING THE LAST 6 HOURS! Ugh! Anyway, it wasn't the double booking, mistakes happen. It was the sheer rudeness and lack of accepting responsibility for their huge mistake. Don't claim I didn't put down a deposit or have a reservation when I have a confirmation email and you have ALL my information. Worst experience ever and I am so glad my husband wasn't there because that awful girl behind the counter would have had a much worse day. I will be looking into contacting a higher management.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Naomi P
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed by chance at The Thunderbird after booking on Hotwire.com. Staff and service were great! Room had very nice amenities (toiletries, coffee maker, fridge, wi-fi...) and very clean. I stayed 4 nights and every evening upon returning to my room I found my bed made, towels refreshed, and trash emptied, and all of my belongings were exactly were I had left them. The Thunderbird is 2 short blocks from the official "Historic District" grid, and right across the street from the free DOT shuttle stop which runs all over downtown. Groovy, man.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the center of the hotel as the housekeeping staff has facilities on the ends an...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Aaron G
Ooltewah, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Adorable little retro hotel for a very reasonable rate in a very expensive area. It was fun. We just wanted a fun place in downtown Savannah and we thought it was very romantic and cute for the price we paid.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

For the price, this motel is in a great location. It's just blocks from the Riverwalk and the historical section of Savannah. It's also pet friendly. I was only in town for one night but I will definitely come back. It was so easy to just walk from the hotel with my dog to all of the outdoor eating establishments that were so close by. It's no frills but it's clean and that's all I really care about. I kind of liked how quirky the place was too.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends