The Thunderbird Inn
US$184
US$198
US$191
  • Breakfast included
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$235
US$219
Travelocity
1,767 results
All reviewsmoon pierc colakrispy kreme donutsretro feelretro motelfree popcornretro themegreat retrogreyhound stationhistoric districtfun place to staywithin walking distanceclose to downtownroad noisedowntown savannahbed was comfortableriver street
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For the price it can't be beat. Perfect location, quirky rooms and the refreshments (lemonade & Krispy Kremes) in the lobby can't be beat. The staff was also wonderful! Would absolutely stay here again. However...if you're looking for romance, peace and privacy you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was very excited to stay at the Thunderbird because it was a vintage hotel, and they advertised such a great experience for my dog...Well when we checked in the girl at the front desk acted like we were disturbing her, and the great dog stuff was a small plastic bag with a tag, 2 bones, and a poop bag. There are no dog bowls, no pet beds, very disappointing, as this was one of the main reasons I chose this hotel. The room is old, which I expected, but with that being said I thought it would be spotless to make up for the old factor...wrong again... their are spots on the sheets, dirt marks on the blankets, and crumbs on the floor...I haven't made it into the bathroom yet so lets go take a look....ok so not as bad as I thought but not good...there is hair on the floor and a brown spot...not like a water spot, but something else...I really don't want to know what it is. Oh and the shampoo and conditioner that look so cute on their website aren't even here...they have 3 pumps on the wall in the shower that they refill....I will not stay here again as I just checked in, have been here only 20 minutes and am already counting down till I can get out....If I could afford to go somewhere else I would, but since they won't refund your money I guess I am stuck for the next 3 nights....I recommend you spend a little more and move onto something nicer...it will be worth it in the long run...drive by to take a look at the vintage hotel, and then keep on going to the hotel you want to stay at....cause it is definitely not this one. Oh yeah it is also really load from the traffic driving by outside...the giant bus station is across the street...

5  Thank MarleyJ83
tbirdmanager, General Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Please reach out to me. I hate that you had this experience. mark@thethunderbirdinn.com

Mark Thomas

Reviewed 24 May 2014

You can't beat the location of The Thunderbird Inn. It is within walking distance to all the major sights to see in Savannah. The place is a bit dated and the bathrooms are pretty tiny, but for the price it is still good. I enjoyed getting the RC cola and Moonpies when we checked it, and enjoyed the Krispy Kreme donuts in the morning. (The Coffee/Donuts Area was a bit of a mess each morning though) I would definitely recommend this place for people who are conscious of their budget.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you don't mind no frills and want a comfortable and clean space to relax after enjoying downtown Savannah, the Thunderbird Inn is for you. It is a motel and not a 4 star resort so keep that in mind depending on where you like to stay. We loved the retro feel and the ease of parking the car and walking everywhere we wanted to go downtown.

2  Thank staceyltripp
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We stated there 2 nights with our yorkies while in Savannah. The rooms were clean and no pet odor at all but don't expect all the amenities advertised. No pet supplies as advertised. I asked for pet bowls and was told , very nicely, that she would have to try to find some which she never did. The TV kept turning off and I went to let them know and she apologized again very nicely but said I was the 4 th person to say that and she had no idea what the problem was. Could not get wi-fi in my room and again very nicely was told that my room was probably too far away. I was in the middle of the building. All that being said, I would stay there again. Very close to everything and the bed was comfy and they are pet friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014