the owner or management should visit the postcard inn in st. petes, of the austin motel. they have done a much better job of taking an old motel and redesigning it. we stayed with our little dog because it was dog friendly. we had to pay a $50 cleaning fee. i would love to see where that money goes as our room had many carpet stains, and was dirty. the cleaning staff keeps the rooms as clean as possible its just an old motel that is need of a huge reno. we ended paying $200 for the night. it seems like it attracts groups that want to party along the river and then have a short walk to a place with a roof and a toilet to throw up into, or on the carpet...
i wouldn't stay again but i'm older with a family and dog that wanted a place to stay for a night and didn't want to spend time researching other dog friendly hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah