We arrived in Savannah at 9:30pm on a Sunday night. We , to be truthful, drove right by The Thunderbird and went downtown to check prices of other hotels. When those were higher than we wanted to spend, we arrived back at The Thunderbird and were charged $20 less than we would have elsewhere. When we opened the door, we were pleasantly surprised to find the room clean and updated. For the price, it was nice to have a place to park our car for free while we walked around Savannah the next morning.
Our only "complaint" would be that we were expecting more for a continental breakfast. When we arrived, there was water, apple juice, coffee, and Krispy Kreme donuts...hardly a breakfast for 2 travelers on the go. We ended up going downtown for breakfast and were quite disappointed to have to spend money on breakfast after having spent $89 for the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah