Like many other reviewers, we booked this on hotwire. It's advertised as being in the historic district but really is just outside of it. It's a renovated old street motel along a busy truck route and reminiscent of motels in places like Las Vegas or Niagara Falls. As such, the rooms are pretty close to the street and there is a Greyhound station across the street. You will hear trucks go by. Normally I commend hotles for being non-smoking, but here people go outside to smoke and the old heavy doors slam shut and they are loud.
The staff were friendly which was nice. The rooms were ok; again, just an average motel sized room. The room seemed to be clean, but the tub could probably use a good bleaching or replacement. There is intenet in the rooms via ethernet cable which was fine with me. The lobby also has wireless so if you are close to that you could probably get it. Free breakfast is just a Krispy Kreme donut and a juice machine.
If you are used to staying at hotels rather than motels, this isn't for you. If motels are okay and you don't mind a 5-6 block walk or shuttle to the historic district, this would suffice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah