We booked this on hotwire as well. It was just 3 blocks to the City market and about 5 to the River Front. It is on the rougher side of MLK Jr. Street but you still feel safe. Seeing the loud paint job outside I was skeptical. However, our room was clean, the beds were comfy and for once we got nice pillows at a hotel (hooray). The best part about this stay was that we did not have to pay for parking which, is something you EXPECT at the other places in the Historic District. Other places charge $6-8 per night for parking! I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah