“Awesome stay!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bradenton FL
“Awesome stay!”
Reviewed 17 November 2009

The hotel was VERY clean and rooms great. The STAFF however was even better! So friendly, helpful and made our stay great. Was just a getaway for us and first time in Savannah! Was pretty centrally located and loved the Pedi-cab service. We would return for sure and see more. Lots to do and again our thanks to Staff at the Thunderbird Inn!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 November 2009

This is the place I will be staying whenever I visit Savannah. Easy to get to and located a short walk away from everything I need. I parked my car once, at the hotel, and walked everywhere.

My room was very clean and the king-sized bed was one of the more comfortable beds I have ever slept in at a hotel or motel.

The price was reasonable and it was easy to get in and out of Savannah.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Kentucky
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Very pleased with rooms & really loved music that was being played outside felt like I was taking a step back in time....I think you'll need to have something like a sock hop costume's and all like a block party or something....Anyway really loved our stay & it's a most definite that when we come back to Savannah that our stay we'll be at Thunderbird Inn.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 31 October 2009

We were staying for two nights with one full day to get a feel for Savannah. The Thunderbird Inn is an old style American Motel with free easy parking out front and a large clean room. Make sure to check if there are special rates available - we were e-mailed with a special rate after we had booked but had no trouble getting this rate on check-in. Nick on the desk looked after us well - nothing was too much trouble. The Thunderbird Inn may be a few blocks away from the squares but in fact is very close to the visitors centre. We would recommend a visit there, especially if your time is limlted. We took an Oglethorpe Trolley Tour which was well worthwhile and gives you a good idea which parts you would like to spend some time at. To get a full view of Savannah's history we can also recommend the Civil Right's Museum which is also quite close to the Thunderbird Inn but did not get a mention during our tour. Fascinating and beautiful town and very easy to get around - make sure that you get down to the waterfront as well.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Karlsruhe, Germany
Reviewed 31 October 2009

We chose the Thunderbird Inn because it looked funky and was the cheapest choice close to the historic district of Savannah. Yet we were not so lucky with our room right above the reception.The carpets were badly stained and needed to be replaced. They didn't smell but you didn't want to walk around barefoot either. The bed was not very comfortable and the bed sheet had clearly not been changed after the last guest had slept on it (hair + stains).
The breakfast only consisted only of donuts and coffee - we liked that they had real dishes instead of disposable plates and cups. Definitely less trash!!!

Long Island, NY
Reviewed 29 October 2009

My husband and I were traveling with our dog to Savannah. We wanted a place within walking distance of the historic distance, but that did not charge an arm and a leg for pet fees. We found that in the Thunderbird. I spoke to Mark on the phone who was very helpful and told me about dog friendly pubs and restaurants in town. Upon our arrival Nick was working the front desk and was extremely friendly, outgoing and funny. The room was clean, and the retro furnishings were a blast. If you are looking for fancy "nose in the air" places, this is not for you. If you want a clean, fun place, walking distance to down town all for an unbeatable price this is for you! We will stay again the next time we pass through.

The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2009

My friend and I on a whim decided to spend the weekend in Savannah. I was looking mostly for convenience, and value and got much more than I expected! Our stay at the hotel was perfect! I was greeted by the friendliest most helpful staff. We arrived hours before check in and were allowed to leave our car parked there. I was given suggestions and directions to places we may enjoy to kill time. We were able to easily meander over to Bay Street and other attractions from the hotel. When our room was ready- the air conditioning was ice cold, the room was crisp and clean, and the shower was nice and hot. Over the 2 days I was there I was comfortable and confident that I could bug the front desk staff for directions and suggestions about anything. It really was like having a friend in Savannah!

1 Thank pixiedaydream