“You CANNOT beat the location and price...”

The Thunderbird Inn
Ranked #33 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
“You CANNOT beat the location and price...”
Reviewed 11 March 2010

You CANNOT beat the location and price. One can easily park in the hotel lot and walk to the Historic District, which is exactly what my fiance and I did. I definitely recommend this hotel, unless one prefers the finer things in life. The staff was very helpful and they all had wonderful southern charm. The only recommendation I would make to the hotel is putting a do not disturb sign for the door in the rooms. The beds were very comfortable and my fiance and I had trouble waking up. Our alarm clock ended up being housekeeping, as we did not have the sign to say "come back later, we are comfortable and hungover."

1 Thank halenalynn
tbirdmanager, Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this review, 23 March 2010
Lol, I'm glad you had a great time! I'm sorry about the "do not disturb" That was a miss on our part. Please come back again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Weehawken, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 February 2010

cute place, i short walk away from the main restaurant/bar area. Good rates, great staff, and free moon pies! "The coolest place in town" their sign said. I think i'm a cool guy...

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
You need to come try our new Mint CRUHCH MoonPie! They are FANTASTIC!
FL
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Short, simple, sweet. Perfect location, great price. Clean, friendly staff. Renard was there for our check in and he was friendly, accomodating, and had a fantastic sense of humor. Thanks Thunderbird Inn for a great experience :-)

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Terrible service, room wasn't that bad but the noise from traffic going by was so loud it kept us up all night, we would never stay there again!!

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
I can't believe you fumed for 5 months before writing a review. It sounds like we really botched this up! I wish I could do something to regain your business!
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 15 February 2010

We enjoyed our stay. Room was super clean, bed was super comfortable, very reasonably priced, easy access to downtown, and they didn't mind us having our four legged friend with us. We enjoyed the moon pies and the creative toiletries (you will have to stay there to find out). Will definitely stay there again.

Definitely the hippest place East of Vegas!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2010

Well the sign reads BEST RATES PERIOD, but they do not specify the neighborhood. Outside of town, Microtel has more economical rates.

• Stayed February 2010
Chapel Hill
Reviewed 31 January 2010

When we checked in, the clerk remarked that they were really busy that weekend and he had given the room we reserved to someone else. We were puzzled, but after five hours in the car, were also relieved when he said he could book us into another room. When we got to that room, there was hair in the tub, the toilet was dirty, there were no clean towels and when I looked at the bed, there was hair on the sheets. It was disgusting. They gave us another room--quite smaller than the one we reserved--and then we had trouble getting them to deliver the roll-away bed. At check-out, the clerk admitted they booked us into a room that hadn't been cleaned, but said something to the effect that, "we looked it over and didn't think it was too dirty" What's up with that? Do not stay here.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
tbirdmanager, Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this review, 5 February 2010
This is just horrible. I am embraced about this situation. I hope you can see this is NOT how I run my hotel and is an unfortunate blip. There was obviously a breakdown in the systems we have in place to prevent this. I am using this as a training opportunity for my staff as well. I have reached out to you directly so we can talk about this and so I can regain your business.