The Thunderbird is the coolest budget friendly motel, I've every stayed in. At around $100/night with a great location off of Oglethorpe and MLK-you can't beat it. It's an open motel style place that has been fixed up to be very retro.
The bed was super comfortable and the A/C unit was better than most that I've had in fine hotels. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The parking is free and easily accessible. We were able to parking directly in front of our room door the entire trip. There is a complimentary coffee, juice bar and donuts in the morning, which was very nice.
It's certainly not a fine hotel but it's very comfortable and easy on the wallet. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and upon returning to Savannah, we will stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah